Buying subscribers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Adwords actually buying subs? I thought it was just promotion. Mind you I'm new so I don't really know.
As for buying subscribers...honestly I can't see the point. I would rather comments, likes, dislikes and some kind of real feedback. I can see that it's hard but I'd like to actually build a community. As for promoting myself in order to gain exposure, I think that falls into a different category.

Is Adwords actually buying subs? I thought it was just promotion. Mind you I'm new so I don't really know.
As for buying subscribers...honestly I can't see the point. I would rather comments, likes, dislikes and some kind of real feedback. I can see that it's hard but I'd like to actually build a community. As for promoting myself in order to gain exposure, I think that falls into a different category.

You're absolutely correct. Technically, Adwords is buying exposure, not subs. It just happens to translate nicely into subscribers if you have good content. There is an easy correlation to make between the money paid and the subscribers gained which gives the whole thing a sour taste in the mouth for some people.

We're all promoting ourselves to a point by using social media and talking about our channels no? I think promoting yourself is fine. Some people don't want to pay for exposure which is fine. I haven't used Adwords but I don't see it as a negative.

I did this once (not with my current channel, an old one that's since been deleted). It was definitely not worth it! low views and high amount of subscribers give away the fact that you did not work for what you have.

I believe that YouTube works because of its social uses and impact on people's lives. Bots don't really help. I think I'd feel terrible if I used bots :)

I think people do this because many people would rather subscribe to a channel which has 5000 subs then a channel that has 8 subs :) Because people think the channel of 5000 subs is having greater content.

I am sure most of us know of the sites out there that sell views, likes and subscribers etc, I was wondering what your own thoughts are on such services and whether they are actually worth it or not. Would you buy subscribers from such a website? If so, why would you and if not why not? I wonder the same for likes.

Personally I would never buy subscribers, likes or views but I can understand why many are attracted to buying them.

Share your thoughts :)

No, I would never do anything like that. Your channel is a journey to success or failure. There's no way you can cheat that.

I used to feel that way. The "honest" way of building subs. Because of the kind of content I do (game ediorials based on industry news) though I could never rank well enough in the search for consistent long term views. It took me a year and a half, including time posting weekly to a 30K sub hub channel to get to a massive 207 subscribers. And all the while being constantly asked how it was possible that I didn't have more subscribers.

So I got into Adwords. A good trailer and a bit of money spent, less than 2 months later and tonight I'll hit 800 subs. At the current rate and without any additional growth or bumping up the adwords budget, I'll hit between 5K and 7K subs by the same time next year. Though I very much intend to up video production and increase the adwords budget.

The thing about buying subscribers is that it carries baggage. There are plenty of different ways to buy subs, some more useful than others.

Buying the first 100 subs is beneficial because of confirmation bias. People are more likely to subscribe to a channel other people do. Yes it's misleading when it's just botted subs, but it can be enough to give a channel a head start.

As for adwords, I'm still buying subs, but I'm doing it in a way that really is more about buying exposure which gets me people who actually checked my stuff out and thought it was good enough to stick around.

Exactly

if you buy subs and views in the correct way, your channel might flag as trending. Then your search rank will increase and the chance that people find you will be greater.
but if you do it wrongly then its just a waste of money.

Adwords are the same but different. You skip the buts and maybes (and all the dead subs) and goes straight to improved search rank.

both metods will get you exposure. Adwords will do it much more effective but it's up to your content to turn it in to subs, real subs.
and as Adwords are part of the game I can't really hate on it but as in real life, the dude with the most money wins, every time.

I'm just going to clear a few things up.

Being a software developer I have written my own YouTube Bot in the past. Why? Well I used to sell dummy Subscriber counts. It was only 3 months in I stopped. Why? Well, I wanted to get into YouTube myself, it's a pretty dark art selling subscribers, and really not hard. You setup a few Virtual machines, load up your account list and you're good to go.

Why is it useful?

Personally, I don't think it is useful, even to "flag as trending". You won't get enough subscribers to warrant that power.

- My opinion

Nope, I get no satisfaction from any of that. Id rather have 100 real views or subs than a million fake ones.[DOUBLEPOST=1377866799,1377866436][/DOUBLEPOST]I thought about doing adwords a few times but never did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back