• Please note that all milestone posts must not be of a promotional nature and must conform to the Milestones Forum Rules. All "almost" and "nearly" milestone threads are deleted.

Broadcast television, here we come!

Status
Not open for further replies.

babyteeth4

Taking over the world... ...one kid at a time!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Today we are going to be guests on a talk show! IQ Smartparent is doing a Father's Day special called "iDad" about tech-savvy fathers and fun stuff they do with their kids. We're taping today and the show will be aired in June on WQED, with the possibility that it can be rebroadcast on other PBS stations.

More details here: http://www.wqed.org/education/smartparent/idad.php

Reactions: JeriKane and Crown

derraleves

YouTube Marketing Expert
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Guru, Vlogger
Wow, congratulations! This will be really good for your channel and what a fun experience!

Reactions: babyteeth4

babyteeth4

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Here are some pictures of our day at the TV studio. This is the exact same studio that Fred Rogers of "Mister Rogers Neighborhood" was made, so I truly was in the Neighborhood of Make-Believe! It was a great experience for the kids too, I am so proud of them!

The show is airing on June 12th at 8:00 PM on WQED Pittsburgh, and will be available online eventually, I'll let you know when it's there. In February 2015 it will be given to all PBS affiliates in the USA!

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
So how does it feel to be a geek dad? ;)

That's awesome. Were you nervous? I would have been. Your youngest daughter is quite the movie star isn't she?!

Reactions: Michael

babyteeth4

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So how does it feel to be a geek dad? ;)

That's awesome. Were you nervous? I would have been. Your youngest daughter is quite the movie star isn't she?!
Thanks! I was a little nervous a few hours before taping, but once I had my girls by my side I calmed down and was seeing it all through a child's eyes. I tried to equate it to us doing our videos in our basement to keep them calm. They were pretty quiet but Jillian livened up the set when she started talking.

Reactions: Crown and Michael

babyteeth4

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you've been following this thread, you'll know that my daughters and I were invited to be on a PBS talk show called "IQ Smartparent" for a Father's Day special about tech-savvy fathers and the fun stuff they do with their kids in the internet age! This was taped at the same WQED studios where Mister Rogers Neighborhood was filmed! The show aired last week and will air again on Sunday at 6 PM. Since most of you aren't in Pittsburgh to watch this on TV, here's the link to the show so you can watch it online any time:

http://www.wqed.org/tv/watch/?id=992&series=

Our segment starts at the 11:03 mark if you don't want to watch the whole GeekDad segment, but the entire show is worth watching.

Thanks and I'd love to hear your feedback! (Feel free to make fun of me, but not my kids! :mstickle:)

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
If you've been following this thread, you'll know that my daughters and I were invited to be on a PBS talk show called "IQ Smartparent" for a Father's Day special about tech-savvy fathers and the fun stuff they do with their kids in the internet age! This was taped at the same WQED studios where Mister Rogers Neighborhood was filmed! The show aired last week and will air again on Sunday at 6 PM. Since most of you aren't in Pittsburgh to watch this on TV, here's the link to the show so you can watch it online any time:

http://www.wqed.org/tv/watch/?id=992&series=

Our segment starts at the 11:03 mark if you don't want to watch the whole GeekDad segment, but the entire show is worth watching.

Thanks and I'd love to hear your feedback! (Feel free to make fun of me, but not my kids! :mstickle:)
I watched your segment, and hey that was cool. No need for us to make fun of you since Jillian did it for us ;) Great publicity for the channel when they kept displaying the channel name on the screen :up:

Did you do the artwork and animation on the zombie slayer series?

Status
Not open for further replies.