• Please note that all milestone posts must not be of a promotional nature and must conform to the Milestones Forum Rules. All "almost" and "nearly" milestone threads are deleted.

Broadcast television, here we come!

Status
Not open for further replies.

babyteeth4

Taking over the world... ...one kid at a time!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Recently we were fortunate to have our YouTube channel featured on the cover of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, with a full feature article. Yesterday the newspaper sent me an email and said that a prodcuer from a local television station had read the article and was going to be contacting me. They would like to feature me and the kids in a Father's Day television special on dads and kids using media in fun ways. I'll let you know when I get more details!

CatsRants

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Ranter
Recently we were fortunate to have our YouTube channel featured on the cover of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, with a full feature article. Yesterday the newspaper sent me an email and said that a prodcuer from a local television station had read the article and was going to be contacting me. They would like to feature me and the kids in a Father's Day television special on dads and kids using media in fun ways. I'll let you know when I get more details!

wow! Congratulations!! :)

Reactions: babyteeth4

VanCityVideo

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Very cool - it's pretty exciting to be featured in media outlets outside of the web. We were recently lucky to have a short radio interview for a video focusing on things local to us, and it was a great experience. Hopefully one day we make it on to television just like you =)

Reactions: babyteeth4

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Wahey, I called it. That article is just the beginning, well done!

(When you are rich and famous in your hollywood full feature film, can I come to the party please ? :D )

Reactions: Michael

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well done to all of you thats awesome :)

babyteeth4

Taking over the world... ...one kid at a time!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
A rep from the television program called and gave me more details. The program is called "IQ Smartparent" and it's produced and hosted by the creator of the children's program "Blues Clues" which you may have heard of. My children and I will be interviewed in a talk show setting, along with Wired Magazine contributor and author Ken Denmeade. The topic is parenting in the age of cybermedia. How cool is that!

The show will be shot before a live studio audience on May 20th, I'm not sure if it airs immediately but I'll find out. Hopefully the TV show will be available in several markets, and it will also eventually be up on their website as well so I'll share more information when I get it.

The girls and I are very excited for this opportunity!

Status
Not open for further replies.