Big mistake buying tropid that doesn't have tilt hande! Possible to add a tilt handle?

Tropical365

I've Got It
I bought a new tripod (Dolica AX620B100 62-Inch Proline Tripod and Ball Head) when I first started YouTube couple months ago and it doesn't have a tilt handle (what was I thinking!). I'll NEVER make this mistake again! I have a ring light I want to attach to this tripod to test it out but since it doesn't have a tilt handle it's a problem because I tilt the ring light often.

I googled "tilt handle for tripod" to see if maybe a separately sold universal tilt handle exists but I'm having trouble... if anyone has ever used a separately sold tilt handle I'd love to hear :) Thanks!

Try "Tripod Ball head" if I'm understanding what you want.
Hope that helps

My tripod has the ball head thing but not the tilt handle. I don't know why on earth they didn't include a tilt handle since that's such a basic thing majority of tripods have. Lesson learned... next tripod I buy will have a tilt handle :) Thanks

Ball head sucks if you want to do horizontal or vertical pan as there's nothing to prevent the view going off plane.

Much better to have a simple pivoting head.

Ball head sucks if you want to do horizontal or vertical pan as there's nothing to prevent the view going off plane.

Much better to have a simple pivoting head.

Problem is that in my case I will NEVER be doing any vertical shots and when I have a heavy ring light on my tripod I prefer a tilt handle... not some ball head that goes all over the place :) Not to mention I've had tripod in the past that had the ball head but at least it had a handle! It's the handle I need... I don't care if it's a ball head or not... but a handle is a must.

Back