Big mistake buying tropid that doesn't have tilt hande! Possible to add a tilt handle?

Tropical365

I've Got It
Reaction score
I bought a new tripod (Dolica AX620B100 62-Inch Proline Tripod and Ball Head) when I first started YouTube couple months ago and it doesn't have a tilt handle (what was I thinking!). I'll NEVER make this mistake again! I have a ring light I want to attach to this tripod to test it out but since it doesn't have a tilt handle it's a problem because I tilt the ring light often.

I googled "tilt handle for tripod" to see if maybe a separately sold universal tilt handle exists but I'm having trouble... if anyone has ever used a separately sold tilt handle I'd love to hear :) Thanks!

The BBQ Chef

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Try "Tripod Ball head" if I'm understanding what you want.
Hope that helps

Tropical365

I've Got It
Reaction score
Try "Tripod Ball head" if I'm understanding what you want.
Hope that helps
My tripod has the ball head thing but not the tilt handle. I don't know why on earth they didn't include a tilt handle since that's such a basic thing majority of tripods have. Lesson learned... next tripod I buy will have a tilt handle :) Thanks

Xynudu

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ball head sucks if you want to do horizontal or vertical pan as there's nothing to prevent the view going off plane.

Much better to have a simple pivoting head.

Tropical365

I've Got It
Reaction score
Ball head sucks if you want to do horizontal or vertical pan as there's nothing to prevent the view going off plane.

Much better to have a simple pivoting head.
Problem is that in my case I will NEVER be doing any vertical shots and when I have a heavy ring light on my tripod I prefer a tilt handle... not some ball head that goes all over the place :) Not to mention I've had tripod in the past that had the ball head but at least it had a handle! It's the handle I need... I don't care if it's a ball head or not... but a handle is a must.