Best Way To Get More Subs?

@bull3t

Although I extended an offer to subscribe to anyone who replied to my thread, I don't believe in blindly subscribing to anyone who asks. I appreciate your subscribing to me, but if you did so just to get me to sub you back, you might as well un-sub me now. I want subscribers who actually like my content and want to continue viewing new content that I publish.

I also don't think that quoting my original post and reposting it along with a sub request really qualifies as replying to my OP. The offer was to subscribe to those who contribute to the thread, which you really didn't do. Perhaps I should have been more clear on the last point, but i thought it was a fairly obvious concept. The ironic part about your response is that it took place in a thread that was started to open a discussion about building a real subscriber base.... Not a superficial list of people who have no intent of viewing my channel again.

I don't mean any of this personally, I don't know you or have any real knowledge of how you build your subscriber base, so please don't take this as a personal attack. There is another thread on this board that I recently commented on where a user boasted about reaching 400 subscribers while only having 600 or so channel views... Clearly, something is fishy with those numbers. While I understand some users desire to pump up their numbers in order to gain more potential exposure, numbers that are that far out of alignment with reality just seem worthless, other then to serve inflating the channel owners ego.

I personally don't really care about the numbers, it is of course exciting to see both view counts and subscriber numbers continue to climb on my channel, but the excitement comes from knowing that those people genuinely enjoyed watching something I created. I have no expectation of my videos gaining much popularity, let alone hoping any would go even semi-viral, I don't feature myself or my opinions in my videos, I just enjoy making videos from time to time and enjoy sharing them with whoever might want to watch them.

Perhaps the best way (for me) to build subscribers is to do it organically, on the back of good content... Which really makes my original question moot, but I am open to constructive conversation on the topic.

I checked out your page, subscribed to.. I like the content(plenty of videos there) I'm a beginner but with regards to getting people to sub Simple things like replying to comments they leave can sometimes get people to sub knowing you interact, keep posting with good tags as well and people will view and subscribe

I checked out your page, subscribed to.. I like the content(plenty of videos there) I'm a beginner but with regards to getting people to sub Simple things like replying to comments they leave can sometimes get people to sub knowing you interact, keep posting with good tags as well and people will view and subscribe
Thanks... I subbed you back! Cool channel!

Your intro for the video, "
Another Day for Washington Gas
" is just simply amazing!
I love it...
Btw, I totally agree with your GENUINE QUALITY SUBS > EGO SUBS comment.
It made me stop seeking subs just for the numbers.
You're right, you want genuine subs where people will continually want to watch your videos.
You want people coming back... not just once in their lifetime.

Your intro for the video, "
Another Day for Washington Gas
" is just simply amazing!
I love it...
Btw, I totally agree with your GENUINE QUALITY SUBS > EGO SUBS comment.
It made me stop seeking subs just for the numbers.
You're right, you want genuine subs where people will continually want to watch your videos.
You want people coming back... not just once in their lifetime.

Thanks for the positive feedback! I enjoyed making that video... Just to create it. It was fun and mostly pointless, but it captures what these incredibly hard working guys accomplish every single night while we are all trying to sleep through their racket.
The gas company got behind it and had me create another version (with some specific content additions) to use on an upcoming promotional campaign... Which was a fun project to be a part of.

So...I'm not really making these videos for the YouTube audience all the time anyway, so if I get subscribers, I want them to be genuine people who might also be creating things I'm interested in watching.

Seeing creative stuff inspires me to try different things, which is the whole point of sharing what we create. If you make videos about rants, or video games or pranks, maybe it's not my favorite stuff to watch, but if it's done creatively and honestly, and not just to gain false popularity, I'm open to hearing what you have to say.

We live in an amazing time for creativity and communicating that creativity across the planet to others... What a waste to use it for a cheap (and superficial) ego boost.

A good way to get your YouTube noticed? Promoting your channel through Forums, and social media sites. We live in a age of social networking so let's use it to our best to help yourself out by promoting. Seriously though, don't bother with these "freesubs" websites because you won't be doing yourself any favors or gaining anything from it, just bots messing with your view count.

I will happily subscribe and do it the normal way, the real way. I do daily vlogs on YouTube and I hope you guys can check them out, please subscribe, comment and rate, I would really appreciate it.

You also wanna say it in your videos as well, especially near the end...remind them that its free! (some people tend to think subscribing= paying money for some reason)

Back