Best recording program for PC

MoeAdy

I've Got It
The best recording program for PC that I found that worked out well is Dxtory. It doesn't lag, and it's much better to use if you have a crappy computer. It also splits the audio files to the gaming commentary and the game's audio.

Use Fraps its the best overall there are no problems with it and its better than dxtory
Im split at the moment between the two, my main beef with FRAPS is that it creates a new file every 4GB, this is very annoying because you have to sift through footage. I switched to Dxtory as a trial run and so far its not bad, less of a performance hit and there is only one giant file per recording.

Use Fraps its the best overall there are no problems with it and its better than dxtory

To say it's better than DXTory is invalid, however, fraps might work better for you and you're used to it, it might not for someone else, so please don't come in saying one is superior to the other when they have their pro's and cons, I love fraps to bits, and it works in CoD 4 and Bioshock for me, and DXTory works on WaW and Minecraft. I use Bandicam, FRAPS and DXTory and they all work in different games for me. Also DXTory is good for Minecraft but it needs a reasonably fast HDD, I'd say at-least 50mb/s for 720, have not tested 1080 yet.

EDIT: I meant to add that DXTory all depends on what codec you're using, so in some cases write speed might not be an issue! ;)

To say it's better than DXTory is invalid, however, fraps might work better for you and you're used to it, it might not for someone else, so please don't come in saying one is superior to the other when they have their pro's and cons, I love fraps to bits, and it works in CoD 4 and Bioshock for me, and DXTory works on WaW and Minecraft. I use Bandicam, FRAPS and DXTory and they all work in different games for me. Also DXTory is good for Minecraft but it needs a reasonably fast HDD, I'd say at-least 50mb/s for 720, have not tested 1080 yet.

EDIT: I meant to add that DXTory all depends on what codec you're using, so in some cases write speed might not be an issue! ;)
For my Dxtory setup im using Logarith Losless Codec and at first the software had it at RGB which was the default, i have GTX 670 in SLI with 3570K and yet i was getting like 45FPS in BF3 on Ultra while recording, once i changed encoding quality down one step it records at 30 FPS while displaying around 100FPS on the screen at 1080P, much better.

Dxtory has a lot of features that fraps don't. Also, fraps lags like crazy if you don't have a good computer, so that's why I suggest using Dxtory.

No, Fraps is empirically better than DXTory. Higher quality video because it's uncompressed. DXTory has much more of a performance hit (on the recording side) because it's trying to encode video on the fly and write to the drive. You need a stripe raid in order to record 1080p at 30 FPS consistently whereas FRAPS can do this to a single 7200rpm HDD.

This thread needs more Unregistered Hypercam V2.0

I know that inthelittlewood and a buch of the other yogscast members use that, but fraps is also a fan favorite for me. But when I started making vids I used Debut Capture Software.

Back