Being more charismatic

Yeah i used to be pretty introverted as well, with in person situation i do great, but i think i get caught up on my self for stumbling words even though i can just re-record or cut it out.

I will have to try the pebble thing and look into other things like that, i hadnt thought about it but it could help my overbite and tmj so i dont sound like i talk with my jaw wired in place

Sent from my LGL158VL using Tapatalk

I will have to try the pebble thing

The opposite! It was just an ancient example of a person that wanted to succeed. And he succeeded, he was a public speaker for sure. But. The pebble thing might be a myth. Your "pebbles" might be a glass of wine, a kiss from a person, a friend helping, you name it :)

The opposite! It was just an ancient example of a person that wanted to succeed. And he succeeded, he was a public speaker for sure. But. The pebble thing might be a myth. Your "pebbles" might be a glass of wine, a kiss from a person, a friend helping, you name it :)
Something that helps build your confidence is the gist of that im guessing. Ill work on that, just like finding my youtube niche i need to find it in a similar fashion by trying things out.

Sent from my LGL158VL using Tapatalk

I totally get you because I went through the same process. I didn't like my voice or my accent, specially since is hard to speak in a language is not your own. Plus I still feel I'm not charismatic, for a gaming channel I still consider myself someone really boring.

After 1 million channel views I just stopped caring at this point. A small percentage of people make fun of my voice and a huge amount comment that they love my voice, they love my accent and they find me really funny... I still don't understand why. The best way I found to improve is simply by uploading more and more videos. You can see a huge difference between how I used to speak in my first videos and how I speak in my newer ones. I sound more confident, more clear and a little bit more funny... cause I start to be myself and that's what people really like! The more you create, the better your content and your channel will be so just let it go, stop caring and upload more videos

I totally get you because I went through the same process. I didn't like my voice or my accent, specially since is hard to speak in a language is not your own. Plus I still feel I'm not charismatic, for a gaming channel I still consider myself someone really boring.

After 1 million channel views I just stopped caring at this point. A small percentage of people make fun of my voice and a huge amount comment that they love my voice, they love my accent and they find me really funny... I still don't understand why. The best way I found to improve is simply by uploading more and more videos. You can see a huge difference between how I used to speak in my first videos and how I speak in my newer ones. I sound more confident, more clear and a little bit more funny... cause I start to be myself and that's what people really like! The more you create, the better your content and your channel will be so just let it go, stop caring and upload more videos

I appreciate you sharing that. And i looked, your channel seems to be doing well so thats great, im glad your able to create content like that and are doing well. I hope to soon be at the place you are confident wise and with your channel. Also remember that when someone judges or makes fun of the way you speak or anything, they probably have something about themselves they hate and they project that out to make others feel the same. I think you speak well and doesn't deter from the value of your videos

I had a bit of a studder in grade school and got my two front teeth knocked out in a accident in grade school and was missing both my front teeth for a couple years till my adult ones came in...lol I was a pretty awkward kid, I was defiantly out of that faze by high school and was a fairly popular charismatic athlete who was quick witted and could always make people laugh. Im not very self conscious or shy at all, but I still have a little trouble with being charismatic on camera I tend to be kinda dull in my video's even though im not really that way in person or when hanging out with my freinds. not really from a aspect of what people will think ect but I am generally alone when filming and it just feels weird to joke or ham it up to camera that's not living or breathing ect. as my channel is growing I am starting to feel more like I am actually talking to people than just a camera when I film but its still a bit awkward I think its something that just takes some time. I think being aware of it is helpful though.

I'm sure you know now pretty much everyone has gone through this before and its always the same case

Start off hating the sound of your voice, to tolerating it, to getting totally conscious about it to the point of being able to almost "activate" your YouTube voice as you can see many top YouTubers do.

The key to getting to that stage is Time & Experience, they are your best friends when it comes to this stuff.

Back