Audience Retention. What do you aim for?

I wouldn't say it has to be. I have some videos featured that hovered around 65-70%. Retention is one of many factors that is taken into account. Engagement, suggested clicks, likes, and shares also play a role. Having high retention is great, but engagement seems much more valuable overall.

BTW, 50% retention for 10-15min video is pretty impressive. I'm certain even levels like that can drive a feature. Of course, there's no guarantee.

Actually, we've talked before on this forum. Would you mind quoting some of your retention rates? Generally what sort of numbers do you get? I do actually get 50-55% retention on a few of my 15-16 minute videos and the lowest ones are around 35% for 15 minutes, which I would say is still ok but not impressive. I've been trying to make slightly shorter videos for them to be more accessible to people, cutting down to 12 minutes.

Actually, we've talked before on this forum. Would you mind quoting some of your retention rates? Generally what sort of numbers do you get? I do actually get 50-55% retention on a few of my 15-16 minute videos and the lowest ones are around 35% for 15 minutes, which I would say is still ok but not impressive. I've been trying to make slightly shorter videos for them to be more accessible to people, cutting down to 12 minutes.
My lowest is 30% highest is 70%... Average is 49%. My videos range from 1 minute - 16 minutes. Average is probably 5 minutes. My 16 minute has a 60% retention which is good. Drop off was at a very specific moment that I know but it was an advice video for an audition so that advice only geared to a very specific group if that makes sense.

My retention stick around 65-75%. I typically do short 3-5 minute videos without any lengthy intro or outro (mainly strict content). I started making videos that are closer to 5 minutes and the retention began dipping. Interestingly enough, these newer videos are the ones that are featured much more. None of my sub-3 minute videos ever get featured even though their retention is closer to 75%.

I've watched your content and I used to be a huge DOTA fan (all the way back to SC and WC3:ROC), and I can see how current fans will be glued to your videos. IMO, as long as you keep the same quality of content, the time of the video shouldn't matter much.

Back