AUDACITY BACKGROUND NOISE REMOVAL GUIDE

ProphetXeD

MWAH.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer
This is exactly what i was after - i can often hear my computers fan in my vocal track. Thanks buddy.

Reactions: Anony Mouse

The Bearded Warriors

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Nice and simple guide, kudos to you.

As an additional tip: At the same time you can select the whole track, click Compressor and then just click OK. This evens out the peaks in your audio making the sound levels more consistent.

Reactions: Anony Mouse

SimplyNextGen

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thats for this it helped me out a lot i use this on all my videos everyday going to check out some of your other topics to see if you have anymore good tips for me as this helped me so much

Jawad Soomro

I'm a Human!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Yes I've always used Audacity for removing the Noise removal, its the best but not much useful, coz the quality of sound is distorted at some peaks.

PhilipFLYfilms

Reaction score
Hello every one.

I don't know if this is the right thread to post in. I have a sound related problem & I'm not sure if it is a recording or editing issue.

I got a new mic: Blue Snowball Ice. It seems like an ok mic for an affordable budget. A lot of people here recommend it.

I recorded another episode with it [ep5-death death]. When I play back the video, the sound seems ok. When I edit it in FCP X, the sound is fine. After render and playback it is ok as well.

The problem is when I export it, I get clicks & pops.

I tried 2 export settings for sound:

set 1:
AAC
22 kHz
2 channels
16 bps
40 kbps

set 2: AAC, stereo 48 kHz

The result is the same. A good part of the recording is fine but about 30 % is with annoying clicks. I think I get the noises when the sound level gets a bit higher.

Do you know what can be the problem? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Samantha Brown

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Sony Vegas & Audacity Tip
If you have tens or hundreds of sound clips, which all require noise removal, you'll be better off rendering out the entire set of track(s) and removing the noise of the track as a whole, rather than doing each individual clip. Saves lots of time.

Janzen

That random Norwegian guy...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Tried it out but still not that much of a differense.
Can still hear the clicking from my keyboard. in parts where I am talking.