Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

AUDACITY BACKGROUND NOISE REMOVAL GUIDE

Discussion in 'Video Production' started by Anony Mouse, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Samantha Brown
    Liking YTtalk
    Cash:
    $65
    I presume that your keyboard sounds have a higher pitch and therefore isnt suppressed. I can`t remove stuff like that either with noise removal. I use noise removal to get away the constant humming and hissing sounds. At this point you can either play around with the levels for how much background noise you remove but that might affect your voice, you can specifically select the keyboard noise in Audacity and try removing that, you can shield your microphone from the keyboard, play with your audio recording levels, you can get a more quiet keyboard, you can "drown" the sounds by adding music/ambiance but you run the risk of drowning your voice also, OR do a voice over.

For the kinds of videos I make, I have to do voice overs, but I still have to do noise removal. So I lock the door, remove as much background noise as I can, shield my microphone and record. Then all that is left is humming/hissing which audacity decently removes. I get a good result without spending the extra $$$ for more pro equipment. Hope this helps.

2. Warriorheart
    Liking YTtalk
    Cash:
    $0
    the only things that suck is that sometimes if ur voice is quiet at moments then it will cut out ur voice

3. Karac Cano
    Professional procastenator
    Cash:
    $132
    Doesn't Final Cut and Premire Pro have this denoiser software built in?

4. Ran Zone
    Cash:
    $18
    i think u can use GoldWave to reduce noise :)

5. Jums
    Cynical, sarcastic, pessimistic....... British
    Cash:
    $30
    Great simple solution dude, as I have limited space I sat right next to the computer tower, this got rid of any background humming the fans cause.

6. WarriorDan
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $26
    Really useful trick to learn. I've been doing this for awhile myself, but never thought to open up a thread here. Nice job!

7. Hatss
    Cash:
    $1
    Posting for quick access.

Thanks OP

8. ColdIssue
    Cash:
    $33
    This is gold. Thanks so much!

9. NariahArdour
    I've Got It
    I think 24 seems like a rather high setting for noise removal, it bothered me a lot so I've been setting mine at 9 noise removal, for a reasonable reduction that doesn't sound robotic, it could maybe go more but, that's what I settled on for the time being.

10. lossehelin
    Loving YTtalk
    Cash:
    $136
    i normally go for a value between 10 and 15, usually works quite well. 24 is extreme.