Are you good enough?

ImJustAsBad

I Love YTtalk
I want to make a vlog about not being good enough. I wanted to get some ideas from all of you. 1) Have you ever felt you where never good enough for something and just gave up trying or didn't even attempt it? 2) Why did you think you were not good enough?

I'll go first.
1) I think I'm not good enough at programming so that is why I never applied for a programming position at the company I work at.
2) I think people will find out that I am not smart and they will look down on me.

Last edited:
I don't think it's that you're not "good enough," in my case it was something I was not willing to put the time into, but if it's a physical limitation for things such as sports or mental disability it maybe true.
Anyways my version would go.
1) I believed I could become a doctor with hard work (I did think I was good enough)
2) I would never put in the necessary time and effort to become one. (I realized I didn't really 'want,' to be a doctor)

I got a low self esteem, but I never ridicule myself on a job or set target, I just keep trying and trying till I get it right or feel like I have personally achieved it.

I honestly can't think of anything I've ever wanted to do I was afraid to do. I always believe I can do anything and never really stop believing that... man my ego must be huuuuuuuuuge....
That must be a great feeling never doubting yourself. I guess the only time you should say, "maybe I shouldn't have done this" is when you are looking down the barrel of a cop's gun.

OK

I'll be the first to raise me hand and say it then.

I actually have quite weak self esteem. Whenever I do something, I put everything into it, whether it be videos, the writing or other things.

BUT... Sometimes I do step back, think about it, think about it some more, then think about it again. And start to doubt myself, and then my self esteem collapses. And suddenly I don't think it's good enough again until I give my head a good shake and just tell myself to go for it.

What knocks me down, is worrying what people around me, mostly the people closest, are going to think.

I just realised I didn't follow the questions you asked... But that's me!

OK

I'll be the first to raise me hand and say it then.

I actually have quite weak self esteem. Whenever I do something, I put everything into it, whether it be videos, the writing or other things.

BUT... Sometimes I do step back, think about it, think about it some more, then think about it again. And start to doubt myself, and then my self esteem collapses. And suddenly I don't think it's good enough again until I give my head a good shake and just tell myself to go for it.

What knocks me down, is worrying what people around me, mostly the people closest, are going to think.

I just realised I didn't follow the questions you asked... But that's me!

You might have a social anxiety disorder, my friend.

You might have a social anxiety disorder, my friend.

I've always thought that.

But guess what I haven't had the confidence to do...

Nah. I'd say it's a ''don't want someone to deflate my ego'' but thanks for bringing out the hypochondriac in me ;)

That must be a great feeling never doubting yourself. I guess the only time you should say, "maybe I shouldn't have done this" is when you are looking down the barrel of a cop's gun.
hahaha well I mean there are certainly things I'm aware I can't do, I just have no interest in doing them. Like I can't draw things very well. But you know, I'm not very interested in art so I don't care lol But whenever it comes to thinks I actually would care to do, even if it's been 3 years of trying to become a pro at engineering music and I'm not there I'm still just like "I'm gettin it, it's coming, just gotta keep studying, I'm gonna do this" you know that's just kinda how I treat most everything. I will say that when I first got hate on youtube I began to question whether or not I was good at comedy. But it was short lived and then I bounced back and was like "No man, I'm funny as hell those people are just stupid" and I was right back at it. So yeah if I do get knocked down I'm never down for long.

Back