Are you ever pretty sure a video will do really well?

GeekyNet

YTtalk Mad
Do you ever publish a video, and think to yourself "this one will be a hit"?
Obviously, sometimes we're wrong about our predictions, but other times we might be spot on. I usually base my confidence level in a video on the amount of views it gets in the first 24-48 hours. If there's a lot of views, the video usually does well in the months to come.

I remember I posted a video of me giving an expensive item (from World of Warcraft) to my brother for his birthday, and it got around 20,000 views immediately because I posted it on Reddit. It's now just under 40,000 views. I was super confident about that video, but unfortunately it never reached the amount of views that I was hoping for. 40k views is great, and so is the 20k it got shortly after I uploaded it...but I was hoping to hit 100k+ on that video.

Other times, I have been wrong because I spent a short amount of time on a video and I never would have thought it would be a success, only to see it be one of my most popular videos.

Right now I am fairly confident in my newest video. I was thinking it would reach 1,000 views in the first 24-48 hours, but I've actually just hit over 800 views in the first 2.5 hours!! I am so excited because I think I could hit 2-3k views on this video by tomorrow, but we'll see! Most of my other videos of this type (same as newest one) reach around 20k+ views, with my most popular one (for this type of video) hitting over 400k views. Fingers crossed!

Share your story below :D

edit:
So, my predictions were pretty spot on for the latest one. I was pretty sure it would do well because of the video being pretty "feel good" in nature, and the style my subscribers enjoy. The numbers are looking good. 8 and a 1/2 hours in, and it's at 2100 views! So, I'm fairly sure this video should have no issue reaching 20-30k views this month. I'm excited, but obviously I can't forget about the numerous videos that flopped.

Last edited:
I always think the video will do good, but most of the time I am mistaken. There are a few tough that I never expected to reach as high as they did! But I am happy about it :) I am confident on my new channel tough and I hope it blows up like... BOOOOOM HERE IS SHEN

I hope at least my traveling videos will make some decent views (which is in my opinion over 200 views). And with some promotion on Reddit (which seem pretty ok with, most of the time) I do get almost to my goal.
With my vlogs though, I lower my standards quite a bit, because they rarely get over 50 views.

I hope at least my traveling videos will make some decent views (which is in my opinion over 200 views). And with some promotion on Reddit (which seem pretty ok with, most of the time) I do get almost to my goal.
With my vlogs though, I lower my standards quite a bit, because they rarely get over 50 views.
Vlogs are really hard to be successful with these days. There's just so many people doing it. I think the best way to vlog is to do it in public places, or only vlog when you're doing something. The whole talking into the mic vlog is hard to get popular with now.

You should consider making compilations of cool parts of your travels or vlogs... If you put clips together of you arriving at places / getting on planes / seeing cool things / etc, and overlay some music in the background you can get a lot of views. Believe me, I didn't make a lot of compilation videos for ages, but once I started seeing results with them, I started using them across all of my channels.Travel channels are pretty cool, and you can rack up some great views. Montage videos of your trips or "jump cut" edited videos for them can be really nice for getting views.

I always think the video will do good, but most of the time I am mistaken. There are a few tough that I never expected to reach as high as they did! But I am happy about it :) I am confident on my new channel tough and I hope it blows up like... BOOOOOM HERE IS SHEN
Yeah it's tough when that happens... Especially if you put a lot of time and effort into making the video!

Nice unboxing video! You should look into ASMR unboxing videos... ASMR is a huge hit on the internet right now. I love it and it's a niche that isn't too oversaturated yet. If you're going to unbox, use a good mic and just talk in a whisper and you increase the amount of potential views just by putting ASMR in the title lol...
Look up "ASMR unboxing" on YouTube.

Out of the few videos I've uploaded, I've never been too confident in them. For me, personally, I find it's better to not have confidence in your videos because if they do become a hit, then it feels so much better.

I usually don't think that about my videos, although some of them I know will get slightly more views (like the videos I do about my glasses always get about double or more the usual views on my channel, apart from that one video that did 100x better... jeez..))))
I'm more likely to think to myself 'I know this video won't do well'
(Not in a negative way, but I just know some types of videos aren't very popular)[DOUBLEPOST=1492019192,1492018946][/DOUBLEPOST]
This is totally random but I just clicked on your channel and you have 666 subs... Just thought it was cool but... Is that an omen or something? LOL

Out of the few videos I've uploaded, I've never been too confident in them. For me, personally, I find it's better to not have confidence in your videos because if they do become a hit, then it feels so much better.
True, but at the same time confidence that a project will do well can be motivation to do better because you know the video will be watched a lot!

I'm glad I took some time with my latest video, it hit 4,400 views in exactly first 24 hours (uploaded 330pm yesterday, its 330pm here now). I'm psyched!!! My videos that get 1k-ish in first 24 hours usually do well, so I expect this video to be 50-100k views in 2018.

It's not something that I thought of directly but now that you bring it up I guess there have been videos that I knew would do better than my others. These videos of course are videos based on topics that were trending at the moment like the crossbar challenge or the lyric text prank. Now successful for me is hitting over 100 views because i typically get somewhere between 30-60 on average because I have 62 subscribers.

I usually don't think that about my videos, although some of them I know will get slightly more views (like the videos I do about my glasses always get about double or more the usual views on my channel, apart from that one video that did 100x better... jeez..))))
(Not in a negative way, but I just know some types of videos aren't very popular)[DOUBLEPOST=1492019192,1492018946][/DOUBLEPOST]
This is totally random but I just clicked on your channel and you have 666 subs... Just thought it was cool but... Is that an omen or something? LOL

What? What are you talking about? I don´t know what you are talking about -_-

It's not something that I thought of directly but now that you bring it up I guess there have been videos that I knew would do better than my others. These videos of course are videos based on topics that were trending at the moment like the crossbar challenge or the lyric text prank. Now successful for me is hitting over 100 views because i typically get somewhere between 30-60 on average because I have 62 subscribers.
Good idea posting things that are trending! It always works wonders! Showing up in suggested videos, or making videos that are similar to other ones that are going viral, are fantastic for gaining new subs. Good job doing that :) 30-60 views with 62 subscribers isn't bad. Unfortunately, you don't really start showing up in popular places on YouTube (browse, suggested, etc) until you have more subs, so 30-60 views with 62 subs is actually a good start. I always like to think to myself, "If my video has as much views as I have subs, I did alright, but if it has double the views as I have subs, I'm proud." I always aim for sub count x2 as view count, but obviously that doesn't always happen... So 60 views with 60ish subs is not something to be ashamed of... You did alright!

What? What are you talking about? I don´t know what you are talking about -_-
AmberAndGolden is saying, "I usually don't think about whether my videos will be successful or not, but I know some of them will get more views than others. For example, the videos I make about my glasses always get double or more than the average number of views most of my videos get. One time I made a video that got over 100 times the amount of average views. Woo!! However, I am much more likely to have a negative mindset by thinking that the video won't do well instead of being confident that it will do well. Also, I noticed that you have 666 subs and that's the devil's number, hoo ha cherry soda!"

^Translated it for you.

Back