Are you ever pretty sure a video will do really well?

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Good idea posting things that are trending! It always works wonders! Showing up in suggested videos, or making videos that are similar to other ones that are going viral, are fantastic for gaining new subs. Good job doing that :) 30-60 views with 62 subscribers isn't bad. Unfortunately, you don't really start showing up in popular places on YouTube (browse, suggested, etc) until you have more subs, so 30-60 views with 62 subs is actually a good start. I always like to think to myself, "If my video has as much views as I have subs, I did alright, but if it has double the views as I have subs, I'm proud." I always aim for sub count x2 as view count, but obviously that doesn't always happen... So 60 views with 60ish subs is not something to be ashamed of... You did alright!

AmberAndGolden is saying, "I usually don't think about whether my videos will be successful or not, but I know some of them will get more views than others. For example, the videos I make about my glasses always get double or more than the average number of views most of my videos get. One time I made a video that got over 100 times the amount of average views. Woo!! However, I am much more likely to have a negative mindset by thinking that the video won't do well instead of being confident that it will do well. Also, I noticed that you have 666 subs and that's the devil's number, hoo ha cherry soda!"

^Translated it for you.
I see a a try to make a funny comment went wrong here!

Purpleoak

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I always hope they will do well, the one's I really want to do great never do lol it just depends

avrona

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I always hope my videos do good. But they have all been getting around the same amount of views (around 12), even though I've been working away at the channel for 3 and a half years. Only a few get more.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I always think I can spot a good one coming up in my schedule but after an initial sub blip YT just kills them.
I feel like YT keeps to a max of 5 of my videos in their suggested library.
I dont mind keep feeding the system with daily flops as long as they keep plugging my top 5.

YAOG

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Do you ever publish a video, and think to yourself "this one will be a hit"?
When I have a good idea for a big viral video, I usually expect it to do very well and it does very well. I had videos the past year that I expected to get millions of views and they got millions of views. Sometimes I'm a little off. Last year I expected a video to do 2-3 million and it only did around 390k. My very first viral video back in 2009 I absolutely knew would get a few million views (based on several factors) and it ended up getting 48 million over the years. My viral videos tend to have very broad appeal. Some of my more creative stuff is more unpredictable (I have song covers, etc). Since they do not have as much broad appeal, they are very much dependent on blowing up on Reddit or being featured in blogs and whatnot. Those are the ones I can't guess very well.

Reactions: TheSwedishTraveler

Varlais Alata

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Depending on what does well in my field of content, (one hour music mixes, X "vs" X, or just popular epic bands/video games) I usually estimate which of my videos will do better than the others I've done.

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Not at all. I do a car review and think it will do well, and it's in the toilet sort of speak. Then I do a car review that I think is not going to resonate because dead brand and people are gobbling it up (and it is poised to be the biggest video on my channel...). I can't ever guess what will do good and what won't. It's weird.