Anyone else feel like you kinda don't want views

Everyone who makes YouTube videos wants views. Views is a way to let you know that people are watching your videos. You should want views![DOUBLEPOST=1486148987,1486148387][/DOUBLEPOST]
I don't believe anyone who says they don't want views lol. If that's the case, why upload them to Youtube and make them public? If it's all about the process of making a video, why not just leave them on your hard drive? There's nothing to be ashamed of for wanting views. :)
That is true! There would be no point in uploading your videos to YouTube if you if don't want views. Every YouTuber wants people to watch their videos. Views let you know that people are watching your videos. I always worry that each video isn't good enough for my subscribers but I still want views because I want people to watch my videos. I work really hard on each video so I would like people to acknowledge my work!

The reason I upload videos to YouTube is so others can watch them. If I didn't want people to watch them, then I wouldn't upload them to YouTube. Just how I see it.

I totally get you man. There's something liberating about putting out videos that don't get a lot of views. You don't have to answer to anyone, it's all about the process of being creative. There's also no pressure to make videos on a schedule, because if you miss a day, no one notices.

In the end, however, I think if we put in too much effort without getting some sort of feedback, it can be detrimental to our motivation. YouTube is about adaptation, so once a following starts, you have to shape yourself around your audience.

If the word alternative means anything, and you'd have to be over 35 for it to have this meaning, then yea I feel almost the same.

its kind of like having a band and not wanting to be on the radio but just having an audience that's like you and no one else. That's fine when you have 50 views for each video.

However going past that I'd say it's more fun to knock out popular people from the top spot and make your own mark, which is also a very rock n roll thing to do

I know for a lot of people the point of making videos is to get views but there's a part of me that doesn't want people watching my stuff. I've heard writers say that once they put their work out there it's not really there's anymore. Can't really explain why I feel this way but does anyone else feel the same?

I don't really know what you mean, if you don't want people to watch don't upload, lol. Personally I sometimes think what kind of creepers are watching my video right now ha ha. But seriously, writers say that because, 1. they have their heads in the clouds, 2. they believe their work to be more significant then it really is. I say, just put stuff out there. If people don't like it, so what? Some work you put out could have a great impact on someones life or inspire them to create something as well.

Some of the reasoning to me not wanting people to see my stuff is fear of being judged but as time goes on and I get into a schedule I just put my videos out and don't care what people think . I'll always take constructive criticism but as for people watching it I feel like that goes away. And you should always water mark your videos so if anyone was to post it somewhere else they'd know it's you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back