Anyone else feel like you kinda don't want views

heyJason

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I know for a lot of people the point of making videos is to get views but there's a part of me that doesn't want people watching my stuff. I've heard writers say that once they put their work out there it's not really there's anymore. Can't really explain why I feel this way but does anyone else feel the same?

Livelifeinabox

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
When we first started I remember really really wanting somebody to watch our videos, then we started getting a few views (that we thought weren't just our parents) and it felt the opposite! Took a few weeks to really get used to random ppl viewing our stuff, we were so scared but we have been really lucky to get a few great comments which helped.

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
No I dont feel that way at all I have to say

Reactions: Crown

beligumboi69

Reaction score
Yeah, i'm just starting to get some hype and everything is exploding, i made videos without any hesitatipon, now I feel like i have to please people. "Is it good enough" "what if they don't like it"
Even though my subscribers are great and supportive i do feel pressure now.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You could always just make videos for your own pleasure and not publish them.

Reactions: Painter

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Yeah...I think I feel that way. Or perhaps I have more of a "why are people actually watching this??" kind of feeling. Some videos do better than others, and I can't figure out why -- and it makes me nervous to post things. I don't want viewers to watch it if it isn't "good enough," but I haven't defined what "good enough" is. lol!

Hopeless Insomniac

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Musician
That is certainly a writers thing and I can not agree with that enough.
Before you share your work it feels like a part of you and it has the potential to be anything. Yet once it is out there it is like sharing. It is finalized and you KNOW how it performs and what others think. I think sharing your creativity is essential to being a creative person, but there is so much courage it takes to do that (both in the expected and unconventional ways). There are so many great Ted talks about this subject.
From one writer to another,
Good luck!

Kush Patel

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Well I wouldn't say I don't want views, but I mainly use YouTube because it's another platform to put our reviews on. I'm mainly doing it for me for cataloging purposes. But growing a fanbase would be awesome!

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah...I think I feel that way. Or perhaps I have more of a "why are people actually watching this??" kind of feeling. Some videos do better than others, and I can't figure out why -- and it makes me nervous to post things. I don't want viewers to watch it if it isn't "good enough," but I haven't defined what "good enough" is. lol!
I always feel that way! I worry with every new video it's not as good as the last and I will end up disappointing my subscribers.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I don't believe anyone who says they don't want views lol. If that's the case, why upload them to Youtube and make them public? If it's all about the process of making a video, why not just leave them on your hard drive? There's nothing to be ashamed of for wanting views. :)

Reactions: Painter