Any Advice for a New Channel?

mmrobins

Hello. My name is Gage Robinson and I started a YouTube Gaming Channel a few weeks ago. I have been putting out content consistently and I think they are pretty high quality for someone just starting out. However, I am not getting many views at all. A video I posted last week only has 6 views (And I am pretty sure a few of them were myself)

I just do not know what I am doing wrong. I make my descriptions detailed, use keywords for tags, and I just really want to grow my channel. Does anyone have any advice on how I can do this? Please do not mention anything about the quality of my videos, that is not relevant to my situation because people have to see my videos in order to determine the quality. I am experienced at editing videos as well.

I make thumbnails in photoshop so I do not think that is the problem either.

It might not be anything you're doing wrong at all. I don't have the statistics on top of my head but every minute that goes by, there are tons of footage from all around the world that's being put out. In addition, you're in a very saturated market. This doesn't mean you can't make it in the gaming department via Youtube but it's going to be very hard to stand out b/c there are so many other gaming channels out there.

Also it's only been a few weeks. Unless you get a viral video right off the bat, which is pretty hard to do, it's going to take much longer than a few weeks to get where you want to get. I'm not trying to burst your bubble but that's the reality. You're trying to stand out just like everyone else is.

Think outside the box more. Be unique and persistent and hopefully your hard work will pay off one day. But if you're just doing this for views and not having fun in the process, you'll probably burn out real quick.

Hey mmrobins, what sort of gaming are you doing. I just started a YouTube channel and will be putting out my first videos on Monday (about the Division) maybe we could collaborate if we share some common games or both play on consoles (I also play ARK from time to time on PC). I'd really love to hear back from you about this

Hello there!
I have started a gaming channel from two months. I have reached 80 subscribers, which is awesome. However, about 40 of those are my friends. My advice is to advertise your channel locally first. This will start you off. If your content is good as you say, your friends will like it and they will share it. This will make your grow via your friends and via Youtube and also via forums like these. It is a very slow paced growth especially because we are in a very saturated department. To stand out you do not just have to have very awesome content, but you also have to be really consistent in it and upload so many videos. Each video will get you maybe a subscriber if you work with it right, and then the number of subs you get per new video fluctuates. It is really all about consistency in uploading quality content and advertising it as much as possible. Each video that you upload is even after 5 years a chance for a viewer to watch it and notice your channel.

Hey mmrobins, what sort of gaming are you doing. I just started a YouTube channel and will be putting out my first videos on Monday (about the Division) maybe we could collaborate if we share some common games or both play on consoles (I also play ARK from time to time on PC). I'd really love to hear back from you about this
I haven't really developed a Niche yet but I have thought about just doing a lot of PC gaming. (Garry's Mod, Left For Dead, GTA, etc). I'll play anything really

It might not be anything you're doing wrong at all. I don't have the statistics on top of my head but every minute that goes by, there are tons of footage from all around the world that's being put out. In addition, you're in a very saturated market. This doesn't mean you can't make it in the gaming department via Youtube but it's going to be very hard to stand out b/c there are so many other gaming channels out there.

Also it's only been a few weeks. Unless you get a viral video right off the bat, which is pretty hard to do, it's going to take much longer than a few weeks to get where you want to get. I'm not trying to burst your bubble but that's the reality. You're trying to stand out just like everyone else is.

Think outside the box more. Be unique and persistent and hopefully your hard work will pay off one day. But if you're just doing this for views and not having fun in the process, you'll probably burn out real quick.
Thank you for the Advice :up:

Hello there!
I have started a gaming channel from two months. I have reached 80 subscribers, which is awesome. However, about 40 of those are my friends. My advice is to advertise your channel locally first. This will start you off. If your content is good as you say, your friends will like it and they will share it. This will make your grow via your friends and via Youtube and also via forums like these. It is a very slow paced growth especially because we are in a very saturated department. To stand out you do not just have to have very awesome content, but you also have to be really consistent in it and upload so many videos. Each video will get you maybe a subscriber if you work with it right, and then the number of subs you get per new video fluctuates. It is really all about consistency in uploading quality content and advertising it as much as possible. Each video that you upload is even after 5 years a chance for a viewer to watch it and notice your channel.
Always good to see a fellow starter gaming channel growing, that is awesome dude :) wish you the best of luck, thanks for the advice!

I haven't really developed a Niche yet but I have thought about just doing a lot of PC gaming. (Garry's Mod, Left For Dead, GTA, etc). I'll play anything really

No problem dude. If you ever decide to do The Division on Xbox One. You can always expect to find some help from me

Back