Anxiety.

I've never heard someone address the issue of the "glamourization of mental illness". Excellent point. I've just noticed how some people think it's cool to have things wrong with them, like they just simple quirks that make them more interesting. I have a friend who self-diagnoses herself with different problems all the time. One time it was asbergers. Unfortunately to a lot of people it's one of those "trendy" diseases to have. I could tell she started exaggerating her behavior for a while to fit the mold of someone with asbergers and it was painfully obvious what she was doing. Then she told me I might have it too. It was just ridiculous. Thanks for sharing, your video made me go on a little rant and I appreciate that :)

I've never heard someone address the issue of the "glamourization of mental illness". Excellent point. I've just noticed how some people think it's cool to have things wrong with them, like they just simple quirks that make them more interesting. I have a friend who self-diagnoses herself with different problems all the time. One time it was asbergers. Unfortunately to a lot of people it's one of those "trendy" diseases to have. I could tell she started exaggerating her behavior for a while to fit the mold of someone with asbergers and it was painfully obvious what she was doing. Then she told me I might have it too. It was just ridiculous. Thanks for sharing, your video made me go on a little rant and I appreciate that :)
I really appreciate such an in depth response! :) I feel like it really is a problem, and these things definitely shouldn't be seen as a fashion accessory because they're not. I hope your friend grows out of that because it's very damaging, not only for people who do suffer but also for herself if she's altering herself to fit the mold :(

I really appreciate such an in depth response! :) I feel like it really is a problem, and these things definitely shouldn't be seen as a fashion accessory because they're not. I hope your friend grows out of that because it's very damaging, not only for people who do suffer but also for herself if she's altering herself to fit the mold :(

No problem!

And thank you I hope she grows out of it too.

Back