Alibaba KOL platform

I've never reviewed anything before, and I'm not even sure what to do with this invite that I got.

I signed up. I have done independent reviews before, and even had manufacturers thank me,

There are some restrictions by some sellers regarding the age and location of the reviewer.

I would love to review a small arc welder that is listed, but as I am over 40 and live in Australia I don't qualify, even though my channel is mainly watched in the USA and UK etc.

I will just have to wait and see what else comes up.

I can see this process becoming quite large. This is just the start up phase. It's a clever move by Alibaba as Ebay has nothing similar. Amazon does do something through affiliates, but not as set up in this instance.

Very interesting situation.

Cheers

Rob

Just wanted to ask you guys what you think about the fact it's asking for permissions to our analytics?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-08-18 at 15.42.19.png
    Screen Shot 2017-08-18 at 15.42.19.png
    20 KB · Views: 5
I will keep my eyes open for this offer. I've never used AliExpress or the other, but I've had a full Alibaba account since 2014. In fact the last purchase I made there forced me to obtain a EU Economic Operator ID number.

You can join Alibaba through the KOL Alibaba web page - just search on that.

I joined up but the range of products related to my channel is not great, and there is strong competition between channels to review items. So this looks fairly limited at the moment.

There are even age and high subscriber restrictions on some items. It's all a bit off putting. Plus you are dealing with individual sellers who want to review the video before publishing.

However - things got a LOT better last week when I got an invite from Banggood to review their products - no questions asked, no review of video, no restrictions, no individual sellers, just pick any product and go for it. And their product range is huge.

So that's well under way and I can see a great future with Banggood. Ebay seems to be the poor cousin in all this - nothing happening.

Banggood do have restrictions on sign up for their program, but it seems they are selectively approaching channels which they consider of merit.

So it looks like there is a review war starting up, and it will be interesting to see who comes out on top.

My bet is on Banggood at this point in time. By far the best deal and communication for sure.

Cheers Rob

Last edited:
I cooperate with Banggood and Gearbest, they are ok, but you must have sales trough their aff.
If you don't have enough sales, they will soon stop with sending new stuff for you.

About KOL Alibaba, I am disappointed, some request are not normal at all...
Some of them want 100k subsriber channel for sh*t smartwatch that cost 35.

People that have 100k don't want to do for FREE!
They charege around 200-800$ per review!
I know that, because I was send more than 1500 gamepads for reviews in last year!
There are few channels that will not work even for free even if they have 20-30k subs.

SO; BE SMART!
They need you!!!

About KOL... im out for now...
There are 100+ request for simple stupid watch.... I do not want to lower myself to it, I'm sorry

FameBit is way much better place.
GearBest or Banggood also.

Sample for watch
This Smart watch can support 3G net work and it also can connect Wifi and has 2MP camera , you can download any app you like on the watch.And it has ROM 16GB + RAM1GB,so you don't need to worry out of memory.
And we are looking forward to internet stars whose Fans more than 100000 and have good reputation, we will provide this high quality smart watch to you and hope you can help you to promotion this items on your social network. If you are interested in this,please contact us.

Or sample for f*****g Bicycle Gloves ( $8)
1. Must add my promotion link under the video description.
2. Include the brand names "ROCKBROS official Store" and "AliExpress " into the video title.
3. Video must be created and published within 20 days after you receive the product sample.
4. 4 minutes < Video Time < 8 minutes
5. introduce the product to instructions, function and details etc.
7. Subscriber Minimum should be 15000.
If you are chosen we will send this gloves for you

Did you read that?
To speak about gloves 4-8minuts? Is that possiible at all? Even TOP SHOP TV commercial can't be that long.

Yeah that's crazy.

The reviewer age restriction on some Alibaba items also really got up my nose. I don't see the point. It's almost insulting. The audience has nothing to do with the reviewers age for the workshop stuff that I want to deal with.

Thanks for the heads up. This is all new to me so any information is gold.

I see some really bad/terrible excuses for video reviews being put up for some Banggood stuff. I expect they won't last. You have to play fair with this arrangement.

This can be a win win situation for both parties if handled correctly.

Cheers Rob

Back