A Video Genre I Didn't Know Existed

Recently I've been watching lots of stop motion animation films on YouTube. I am honestly so impressed by a lot of the animators out there! While cycling through these videos, I found out that a relatively large niche on YouTube is Lego Stop Motion Films. They are honestly so cool, and a lot of them have some interesting stories.

Have you come across any interesting YT video genres that are not overly mainstream?

A genre that maybe is not that unknown but is surely less widespread than its counterpart is the "Longplay". Compared to a Let's Play a Longplay is just a game played from the beginning to the end with no commentary and minimal editing, which is useful because it's an excellent source of footage for your videos, and for when you want to know how a game looks and plays like without having another person talking in your ear or other annoyances in the middle of the screen.

H
Recently I've been watching lots of stop motion animation films on YouTube. I am honestly so impressed by a lot of the animators out there! While cycling through these videos, I found out that a relatively large niche on YouTube is Lego Stop Motion Films. They are honestly so cool, and a lot of them have some interesting stories.

Have you come across any interesting YT video genres that are not overly mainstream?
Honestly.. no. I dont dive too deep into youtube for some reason. I love my faves and will venture out to new ones rarely. Idk, lately i have been finding a lot more tubers that i love but its all the same genre.

A genre that I sorta stumbled upon are Creepy Pasta narratives...which is basically acting out and narrating creepy pasta stories. Not my cup of tea but yeah there's that lol

A genre that I sorta stumbled upon are Creepy Pasta narratives...which is basically acting out and narrating creepy pasta stories. Not my cup of tea but yeah there's that lol

LOL that cracks me up. I need to look this one up.[DOUBLEPOST=1483167252,1483167167][/DOUBLEPOST]
Inventing crappy robots. It's hilarious and I wish I'd known it about it sooner.

I just looked some up, and man that is some of the funniest sh*t I have seen in a while aahaha.

I love these vids! I'm a Lego collector and it's just so cool how infinitely creative people can be with the stuff.

I did not realise Long Play was a "thing", think I found a new tag for some of my earlier Fallout videos! I actually watch them a fair bit for background noise, but didn't know they were considered a seperate genre~

I did not realise Long Play was a "thing", think I found a new tag for some of my earlier Fallout videos! I actually watch them a fair bit for background noise, but didn't know they were considered a seperate genre~
It's indeed a whole genre, there's even a website dedicated to record and store longplays of all games for preservation purposes.

Back