A good cheap Mic for Gaming Commentary?

Grck76

Liking YTtalk
I know from other post on the forum about The Yeti and Snowball but I just want to know if there were other choices before I decide.

Also is there any tutorials on how to setup your mic with a program like Audacity?

I think that those mics are propably one of the best ones out there. Of course you could seek internet for cheaper or expensier ones but I think those are great mics. I am going to buy either one of them too at some point! And yeah for audacity you can find many good tutorials from yt!

I got the Samson Go Mic for 30 on eBay, you can find it in stores for 40, it's small so you can sit it right on your table.
I used it in these videos (I can't post links so they're not clickable, sorry):
youtube.com/watch?v=JHlVyURsg8E (the background noise in this one is an ambiance sound track)
youtube.com/watch?v=GcU-RacOPXY (this one is me and 2 other people all standing around the one microphone)
youtube.com/watch?v=SCOUGOt9cVI (just all my voice mainly with no other sound effects)

Idk about other microphones, but this one has a headphone jack so that you can hear your own voice without any noticeable latency.
Pretty good for a low budget mic IMO.

A friend of mine recently posted a tutorial of how to use audacity. I can't link it in here, just youtube 'JuicyHippoTime' - yeah I know.. lol Other than that, there's tons of tutorials everywhere!

and about the microphone, I know most of the time it's about quality now a days, but you could even get a turtle beach head set x11's or something. They're great quality at a low price, especially if you're not quite sure right now what to go with?
Just a suggestion :)

You can Always try ebay to find a good mic for a second hand price. I get alot of stuff on ebay and it's always good quality. I don't have much experience about mics though.

Snowball mic. Its REALLY good for its price. If your gaming you could also use a Turtle Beach x12, the're only 60 bucks and sound impressively clear, thats what I'm using right now for meh videos.

I have went through 5 cheaper mics before buying the snowball.

Just get the Snowball or Yeti. They'll ultimately be more worth it. I've spent $100 in cheaper mics that I was unsatisfied with, but I could have saved all of that if I just got a snowball the first time.

Ok, So I check out most of the mics people mention and I have decide to go ahead and try Turtle beach as my starter mic. Sometime later this year, I'll get a snowball or yeti.
I kinda missed the boat on doing Commentary for the current playthrough I have on my page, but the next one for sure will have commentary.

Thanks for the help guys :)

Ok, So I check out most of the people mention and I have decide to go ahead and try Turtle beach as my starter mic. Sometime later this year, I'll get a snowball or yeti.
I kinda missed the boat on doing Commentary for the current playthrough I have on my page, but the next one for sure will have commentary.

Thanks for the help guys :)
Go X12, its the best for its price, I am using it in the video below if you want to hear the quality.

I know from other post on the forum about The Yeti and Snowball but I just want to know if there were other choices before I decide.

Also is there any tutorials on how to setup your mic with a program like Audacity?

Always use a USB port one , the other one's will connect to the sound card , so the performance depends more on your sound card than the microphone itself ._.

Back