300 subs but views are low...I Need Advise!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The beginning is always tough I'm on the same ride but narrowing niches to be more specific. I started years ago and never followed through but now there are thousands more kids channels so it's all about standing out :) Your child will play a huge part in being the star. I'm focusing on what my kids like to play with. I have a 3 yr old son and 2 yr old daughter and I've considered doing separate channels because it confuses YT boys and girls toys mixed. Luckily I have some great URLs to use but I too get discouraged easily. I have 23 subs so you're doing great!

Hi Derricktoys, that's awesome that you started years ago. Thank you for the encouragement That's a smart idea to focus on what yours kids are interested in. That's what I'm trying to focus on as well. I have a few craft and experiment videos which were my idea. The science experiments video is actually doing really good. However, the crafts videos not so good. But my number one video is the "Spiderman Pumpkin Push In" and its kind of a DIY. Seeing the viewership on each video lets me know what people want to watch. I'm definitely new to this with only 3 months of experience and I have a lot more to learn. Everyone is giving me great advise on here which is great! But I do need to start narrowing down a niche. Like you said I will just have to let my 2 year old guide me with his interests I wish you the best on your journey!

Hi Derricktoys, that's awesome that you started years ago. Thank you for the encouragement That's a smart idea to focus on what yours kids are interested in. That's what I'm trying to focus on as well. I have a few craft and experiment videos which were my idea. The science experiments video is actually doing really good. However, the crafts videos not so good. But my number one video is the "Spiderman Pumpkin Push In" and its kind of a DIY. Seeing the viewership on each video lets me know what people want to watch. I'm definitely new to this with only 3 months of experience and I have a lot more to learn. Everyone is giving me great advise on here which is great! But I do need to start narrowing down a niche. Like you said I will just have to let my 2 year old guide me with his interests I wish you the best on your journey!
I started a channel for my son about a month ago so I'm learning everything too. Toys can be very expensive I totally get it but work with what you can. Kids use imagination with anything :)

Last edited:
I started a YouTube channel 3 months ago about toddlers, toys, etc I just gained my first 300 subscribers. However, I feel like my views are pretty low (total views 3,100)

I have social media accounts, joined yttalk, blogger website, Reddit, I make Sure I reply to everyone, watch other videos and try to research my tags. I spend a good amount of time editing and making our videos. We bought a good quality camera and lighting. What I'm I doing wrong or not doing at all? I don't know much about SEO but I've heard it helps a lot. Are there any other websites I can share my videos on??

I would love to hear your advise!!

Thanks,
Jordans Adventures and Toys

A good measure is always 10-15% of your subs will be your views, look at Markiplier, 15 million subs but only 1 million - 1.5 million views per video usually, Same with JackSepticEye. PewDiePIe has what 46 million subs, but only 2-4 million views per video, so 10% of your subs is a good indicator to what your average view may be - there will be videos that spike but a constant base would be to take the 10%.

Im in the same boat as well. However I'm in the 220 range and I barely get views as well. I also have trouble with tags and I'm starting to use TubeBuddy and see if that helps me out. Good luck with your channel and keep posting new videos.

A good measure is always 10-15% of your subs will be your views, look at Markiplier, 15 million subs but only 1 million - 1.5 million views per video usually, Same with JackSepticEye. PewDiePIe has what 46 million subs, but only 2-4 million views per video, so 10% of your subs is a good indicator to what your average view may be - there will be videos that spike but a constant base would be to take the 10%.
Ok, that makes sense. I'm at 330 subscribers my average views per video are 150. So I guess I'm doing ok[DOUBLEPOST=1479419878,1479419076][/DOUBLEPOST]
Im in the same boat as well. However I'm in the 220 range and I barely get views as well. I also have trouble with tags and I'm starting to use TubeBuddy and see if that helps me out. Good luck with your channel and keep posting new videos.
Hi there! Yeah I actually didn't know what to compare my views vs subs to but now I see we're doing ok. You are doing good too. I use tube buddy and rapidtags. They are both great tools to help with tags. I also started looking at googles keyword planner to figure out my titles. Thank you for the support buddy, good luck to you too

I know others who have started channels in the same category as me do better than me all the time. It was really quite discouraging to be honest. But then I realized there are thousands of areas I can improve my channel and videos. I stopped comparing myself to others and started comparing myself to me. It helped a lot. The frustration hasn't totally gone away, but it's a lot better. I'm now focused on trying to improve my videos and SEO, not worrying so much about others. [Edit: forgot the important parts! First, I stopped checking my stats as often, which also helped. Second, Tim Schmoyer pointed out that as a small channel I should be concentrating on discoverability. That is, I shouldn't count on my subscribers for views, I should count on search and related etc. So I should actually have MORE views than subscribers. Which is depressing, because I don't. But encouraging, but it made me realize I need to shift my focus a bit. Which was good to know now instead of later!]

I know others who have started channels in the same category as me do better than me all the time. It was really quite discouraging to be honest. But then I realized there are thousands of areas I can improve my channel and videos. I stopped comparing myself to others and started comparing myself to me. It helped a lot. The frustration hasn't totally gone away, but it's a lot better. I'm now focused on trying to improve my videos and SEO, not worrying so much about others. [Edit: forgot the important parts! First, I stopped checking my stats as often, which also helped. Second, Tim Schmoyer pointed out that as a small channel I should be concentrating on discoverability. That is, I shouldn't count on my subscribers for views, I should count on search and related etc. So I should actually have MORE views than subscribers. Which is depressing, because I don't. But encouraging, but it made me realize I need to shift my focus a bit. Which was good to know now instead of later!]
Hi pumpkinjunk, thank you so much for the advise. That's true I should stop comparing to others it will only bring frustration. Shift my focus to discoverable videos instead! That's a great perspective to have! I never knew how much work all this would be hehe with creating ideas, shooting the video, editing, promoting and SEO it's definitely almost a full time job! But it is the best job to have

Hi pumpkinjunk, thank you so much for the advise. That's true I should stop comparing to others it will only bring frustration. Shift my focus to discoverable videos instead! That's a great perspective to have! I never knew how much work all this would be hehe with creating ideas, shooting the video, editing, promoting and SEO it's definitely almost a full time job! But it is the best job to have

Yeah sometimes it's like "why can't I just create the videos I like and have everything else just happen magically" but leprechauns don't exist either.

Hi! When we started I modeled on RTR as well. I chose several areas to focus on: Thomas trains, Step2 coaster, science experiments, playdoh and puzzles. Only Thomas and Step2 generated traffic; the channel could not get traction with the other keywords. Thomas seems a reliable staple these days too, there is a steady audience and Thomas videos will build you good loyal subs. You have to find the popular tags inside the Thomas niche, as @FamilyToyReview stated 'the great race' is popular, as was 'accidents will happen'.

In terms if views and subs, Yt works on a scaling system. The more subs you have, the more traffic you generate, and the more Yt promotes you. Unfortunately under 1k-2k subs, it's very hard to reach 'real' viewers outside of other channels. By real viewers, I mean actual viewers (kids using their parents iphone and ipads, etc) from the public who don't have their own channels. If you check your sub box, most subs are other channels. If that is true, you are part of a 'sub loop'. While that is unavoidable in the startup phase, the goal is to reach real viewers. The channel subscribers are generally not real viewers, but are other creators (like you and me) who watch for different reasons than a child would watch. That's why the views are low. You have not reached your real audience yet.

The only way I know of reaching real viewers at a low sub count, in a reasonable amount of time, is Adwords. Some on here use it, some are opposed to it. Running Adwords will place your video as the next clickable on the right column at the top of suggested. Think about that position for 1 cent!!

Other ways you can reach real subs is build authority in an area (like Thomas) with a set of targeted video. Check out a channel Cars4David as an example of this strategy. After a dozen or two videos, Yt would likely start placing you in suggested of related channels in your thematic vertical. I recommend you check out that channel and many others in the Thomas niche to see how the algorithm works with thematic verticals.

I would recommend not wasting time on social media. Kids 2 y.o. don't use Twitter an Facebook to find channels. Their parents are also very unlikely to go to those platforms to find kids channels to watch.

Here are a few direct quotes from my Yt brand manager that illustrate the most important things for kids channels:

“Strong thumbnails are key! Clarity, focus, high contrast, will drive clicks. Often it’s a 1 second decision, sharp thumbnail will appeal more.”

“Great way to be found and not rely on Suggested or Search is trending topics. But you have to be quick. Make sure the trending topic is suitable for your audience as well.”

“For kids channels, almost all traffic is driven by Suggested, with Browse a close second. Kids don’t read titles or anything else, and simply click on the most engaging thumbnails.”

“The system is really good at identifying what people watch together, what they watch in the same session.”

“Yt will group videos thematically and through related verticals.”

These are direct statements from a Yt brand manager, and can be taken as fact. They are Gold!

Good luck on this amazing journey...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back