300 subs but views are low...I Need Advise!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CelyD87

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I started a YouTube channel 3 months ago about toddlers, toys, etc I just gained my first 300 subscribers. However, I feel like my views are pretty low (total views 3,100)

I have social media accounts, joined yttalk, blogger website, Reddit, I make Sure I reply to everyone, watch other videos and try to research my tags. I spend a good amount of time editing and making our videos. We bought a good quality camera and lighting. What I'm I doing wrong or not doing at all? I don't know much about SEO but I've heard it helps a lot. Are there any other websites I can share my videos on??

I would love to hear your advise!!

Thanks,
Jordans Adventures and Toys

Last edited:

FamilyToyReview

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I started a YouTube channel 3 months ago about toddlers, toys, etc I just gained my first 300 subscribers. However, I feel like my views are pretty low (total views 3,100)

I have social media accounts, joined yttalk, blogger website, Reddit, I make Sure I reply to everyone, watch other videos and try to research my tags. I spend a good amount of time editing and making our videos. We bought a good quality camera and lighting. What I'm I doing wrong or not doing at all? I don't know much about SEO but I've heard it helps a lot. Are there any other websites I can share my videos on??

Thanks,
I think youtube likes channels that can easily fit into a category. Are you a travel vlog or a toy channel or a family vlog? Do you have toys that appeal to boys or do they appeal to girls? I think gender is mutually exclusive when it comes to toy channels. You dont get a lot of crossover in my experience. I think it would help to narrow down your channel offerings until you develop more of an audience. If you try to be too many things, the end result is I suspect it takes youtube longer to serve your video to the right categorical crowd.

I dont have any experience doing vlogs but i think the growth rate is probably slower than typical toy channels. Vlogs seem to be more personality based with i assume more emphasis on building relationship with the audience which can take a long time.

If you decide to concentrate on toys, you are encouraged to find a niche and build your content around it and develop some "authority" around the niche and hopefully become associated with other channels with similar niche videos. Once youtube starts serving those videos that is where most of the super growth comes from.

Reactions: CelyD87

JRTrax

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
I think my first 3 months I had under 500 views. I would have to go see the actual numbers. All you can do is keep going and keep improving.

CelyD87

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think youtube likes channels that can easily fit into a category. Are you a travel vlog or a toy channel or a family vlog? Do you have toys that appeal to boys or do they appeal to girls? I think gender is mutually exclusive when it comes to toy channels. You dont get a lot of crossover in my experience. I think it would help to narrow down your channel offerings until you develop more of an audience. If you try to be too many things, the end result is I suspect it takes youtube longer to serve your video to the right categorical crowd.

I dont have any experience doing vlogs but i think the growth rate is probably slower than typical toy channels. Vlogs seem to be more personality based with i assume more emphasis on building relationship with the audience which can take a long time.

If you decide to concentrate on toys, you are encouraged to find a niche and build your content around it and develop some "authority" around the niche and hopefully become associated with other channels with similar niche videos. Once youtube starts serving those videos that is where most of the super growth comes from.
Hi, Family Toy Review,
thank you for the reply :) I have seen your videos before. Thought I was subscribed to you already, apparently not but just subbed hehe:) When we first started the channel we were inspired by Ryan ToysReview so I guess our content would reflect his channel. We pretty much just do videos on anything my 2 year old son would be interested in (toys,egg surprises, theme parks, travels, adventures, crafts etc) At first we wanted to focus on toys but then realized we couldn't afford to buy him that many toys even once a week. We could afford it but chose not to buy too many, so that's when we started branching out to other cool stuff and activities. What would you consider my videos to be...vlogs, toy review..? As far as the niche I don't know what niche I would fall under either. I'm really new to all this hehe as you can tell. I know my focus is toddlers, boys, parents.... Any way thank you for the advise. It really gave me something to think about narrowing down my niche.[DOUBLEPOST=1478835672,1478835431][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think my first 3 months I had under 500 views. I would have to go see the actual numbers. All you can do is keep going and keep improving.
Yeah that's true I guess I just have to learn as I go but I was hoping someone more experienced in my category would help out with tips on improving my content. However, being on this forum has definitely helped a lot already. You meet so many friendly people willing to give out advise about strategies and techniques.

GucciCarry

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It takes a while to get views. Give it a few months. Considering your sub amount (some may be inactive) I wouldn't say thats all that bad.

CelyD87

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It takes a while to get views. Give it a few months. Considering your sub amount (some may be inactive) I wouldn't say thats all that bad.
Thanks GucciCarry hehe that actually makes me feel better! I guess I was just stressing for no reason. Because I have seen other channels with same sub count but way more views but I guess I shouldn't compare since its different for everyone :)

FamilyToyReview

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Hi, Family Toy Review,
thank you for the reply :) I have seen your videos before. Thought I was subscribed to you already, apparently not but just subbed hehe:) When we first started the channel we were inspired by Ryan ToysReview so I guess our content would reflect his channel. We pretty much just do videos on anything my 2 year old son would be interested in (toys,egg surprises, theme parks, travels, adventures, crafts etc) At first we wanted to focus on toys but then realized we couldn't afford to buy him that many toys even once a week. We could afford it but chose not to buy too many, so that's when we started branching out to other cool stuff and activities. What would you consider my videos to be...vlogs, toy review..? As far as the niche I don't know what niche I would fall under either. I'm really new to all this hehe as you can tell. I know my focus is toddlers, boys, parents.... Any way thank you for the advise. It really gave me something to think about narrowing down my niche.[DOUBLEPOST=1478835672,1478835431][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah that's true I guess I just have to learn as I go but I was hoping someone more experienced in my category would help out with tips on improving my content. However, being on this forum has definitely helped a lot already. You meet so many friendly people willing to give out advise about strategies and techniques.
If using ryan toys review as a model. You should go back in time and see what they started off with. It was some thomas trains, disney cars, and couple other topics or niche. But their content was more limited. Today their videos are more diversified because they are big enough and have a large enough following to do that. The vlogs board games travel and other stuff came later.

I dont really know what niche yt sees your channel as. But its never too late to refocus. My channel has found some niche in thomas trains and dinotrux. But i didnt really do a lot of thomas videos until a year after i started our channel. So i think its not too late to niche down on something. It probably helps to focus on smaller number of niche so you can build out enough content for it to be relevant.

One of our first videos to get picked up and boosted nicely by youtube was thomas the great race. I discovered a new thomas movie was being released and there were no toys for it. And no other channel made any video about the great race yet. So i printed the new great race trains from the internet and made a trailer for the upcoming movie. For a short period i got some views when the movie came out. The cost was free, i didn't buy any toys. There are plenty of ways to make kids videos and still be economical. Many of the playdoh channels are probably re-using the play doh. You could invest in certain toys that you will re-use over and over if you decided to do disney cars or thomas train etc. some channels do a lot of drawings of characters or shopkins crafts. But yea doing toys kind of draws you into buying more and it can get costly.

CelyD87

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If using ryan toys review as a model. You should go back in time and see what they started off with. It was some thomas trains, disney cars, and couple other topics or niche. But their content was more limited. Today their videos are more diversified because they are big enough and have a large enough following to do that. The vlogs board games travel and other stuff came later.

I dont really know what niche yt sees your channel as. But its never too late to refocus. My channel has found some niche in thomas trains and dinotrux. But i didnt really do a lot of thomas videos until a year after i started our channel. So i think its not too late to niche down on something. It probably helps to focus on smaller number of niche so you can build out enough content for it to be relevant.

One of our first videos to get picked up and boosted nicely by youtube was thomas the great race. I discovered a new thomas movie was being released and there were no toys for it. And no other channel made any video about the great race yet. So i printed the new great race trains from the internet and made a trailer for the upcoming movie. For a short period i got some views when the movie came out. The cost was free, i didn't buy any toys. There are plenty of ways to make kids videos and still be economical. Many of the playdoh channels are probably re-using the play doh. You could invest in certain toys that you will re-use over and over if you decided to do disney cars or thomas train etc. some channels do a lot of drawings of characters or shopkins crafts. But yea doing toys kind of draws you into buying more and it can get costly.
Thank you so much for all the great advise! This really helped me to re-think in what direction my channel should go. It makes sense that I should first start off with what is popular so that I start building an audience and then once we're big enough incorporate other activities. You just turned a light switch in my head hehe.

Yes, it's true about thinking of other ways to be economical specially since we're just starting but it can be done. Awesome advise! Wish you the best

Reactions: FamilyToyReview

Derrick Toys

Happy Kids Happy Life!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger

Thanks,

The beginning is always tough. Your child will play a huge part in being the star. I'm focusing on what my kids like to play with. You're doing great!

Last edited:

MASE

I've Got It
Reaction score
We both have 2 year olds! I wish I could give you more insight but we are also just getting started on our toys channel. It looks like you are off to a good start! You are on other social platforms and that will lead to an organic following. While that helps, I think what is more important on toy channels is SEO. This gives toy channels an edge as toys are constantly searched for. I see toy channels as real life Let's Plays for our kids. One great thing about 2 year olds is endless content. They are creators themselves! Last advice is to connect with other same-like channels. So nice to meet you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.