3 tidbits of advice for those of you starting out

dand963

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Gamer
this is really helpful, thank you. Now I am finally at peace with the "when should I upload?" thoughts.

Reactions: Sk Jony

SongsOfTrees

Reaction score
Some great advice, thank you. Out of interest:
"I have a new channel I just started 3 months ago that I forwarded my old subscribers to visiting"

How did you go about advising your old subscribers of your new channel?

Reactions: Sk Jony

Paleo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Some great advice, thank you. Out of interest:
"I have a new channel I just started 3 months ago that I forwarded my old subscribers to visiting"

How did you go about advising your old subscribers of your new channel?
I posted a video telling people I had a new channel, and I posted subsequent videos afterwards updating people on what was being uploaded to the new channel since there are still a lot of people subbed to my old channel. Though I will stop uploading there eventually.

SongsOfTrees

Reaction score
I posted a video telling people I had a new channel, and I posted subsequent videos afterwards updating people on what was being uploaded to the new channel since there are still a lot of people subbed to my old channel. Though I will stop uploading there eventually.
OK, thanks :)

squidoflove

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
reading what u wrote rly gives me courage as a new youtuber thank you for sharing this

AzGarot

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thank you for all the great tips. I was thinking that one needs to be both persistent and patient, now your thread proves it. As for the niche, I think I have already found mine. For now I am focusing on chatroulette but I am going to start making real life pranks as well once the subs start piling up. I am not sure what people are going to like the most but I am trying to be get to know my audience, as small as it is right now, on all of my social networks, in order to fine tune my niche.

The videos I have made so far seem to have gone out nicely, people started contacting me with all sorts of opinions but I think that time and more videos are going to fine tune my channel. My original idea was to upload two videos per week but I think that I will switch to three videos per week pretty soon.

Thanks a lot for this awesome post, it's really informative and kind of gave me some confidence. Keep up the good work!

OhKtDid

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think the astronomical amount of content on YT can be tough to be seen though. Try using it to your advantage by leaving quality comments on videos you like and genuinely enjoy. Quality Comments= pertaining to the video you just watched and NOT a plug. If you leave thought provoking or quality comments people might just read them and use your name link to go check out your stuff. Just thinkin the thoughts

Paleo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think the astronomical amount of content on YT can be tough to be seen though. Try using it to your advantage by leaving quality comments on videos you like and genuinely enjoy. Quality Comments= pertaining to the video you just watched and NOT a plug. If you leave thought provoking or quality comments people might just read them and use your name link to go check out your stuff. Just thinkin the thoughts
Yes, doing this helps.

If possible, try getting top comment on the videos you like. Just try thinking up something funny to comment and that usually does the trick.