2015 CPM/post-holiday warning

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
This is just an early warning that CPM's are going to be dropping for most channels as the prime advertising season is over. Interestingly, I didn't notice any topics this year talking about December's higher CPM season.

Actually, I just checked my December CPM's and it was lower than November. But November and December was still 10% higher than October.

Google frowns on discussing your exact CPM so in general terms, how was your last quarter of 2014?

We had the same result as you, but our CPM did go higher in the last part of December after we moved away from Fullscreen. I'm hoping January was like last year when we only had a 15% dropoff compared to December.

So far December is VERY good in terms of CPM. Similar to World Cup time.
But I know that it won't stay like that. I expect a drop-off of 30%.

Again, I saw better CPM in November/June than December though December was also rather high & I saw a better fill-rate in December.

The company I work for did a short study on the drop this year and expects the rapid plummet to happen around the 3-4th of January and the overall CPM loss month-to-month from November to be -57%.

Again, I saw better CPM in November/June than December though December was also rather high & I saw a better fill-rate in December.

The company I work for did a short study on the drop this year and expects the rapid plummet to happen around the 3-4th of January and the overall CPM loss month-to-month from November to be -57%.

57% is huge! I'm glad that I have the views to survive such fluctuations.

57% is huge! I'm glad that I have the views to survive such fluctuations.
Yep though it really depends on the channel.

Channels with foreign viewers especially those from western europe, the middle east and asia will take the biggest hit.
Those with a majority english audience could easily take a hit half that amount or less.

Did you make it in the top 1% list? That's the only way you'll see any meaningful ads based on the structure of the preferred program.

No, top 5% in the Parenting & Family Google Preferred Lineup

It seems I have an extra ad category though compared to other channels.

Back