100 videos for 100 days challenge - I need some help

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Why you think it is bad idea? I would like to hear you opinion?
Several reasons:

1) You'll be flooding your subs's feeds with your videos. They'll quickly get sick of it and unsub.
2) When a channel is small, often the most traffic comes from people manually landing on your channel page and then watching your latest video. If your latest video is only there for one day, each video is only going to get one day's worth of traffic. That won't be enough views per video for Youtube's algorithm to accurately "decide" if it's a good video. (not a significant amount of "view time" data) so your videos won't tend to do very well in search or in suggested videos. Compare that with weekly videos - Each video gets 7x more of those views.
3) Quality vs quantity. - Better to make 1 amazing video than 7 rushed videos.
4) Burnout - You'll be sick of making videos after about 10 days and it'll start to show.

Reactions: Ezrider92356

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
To be respectful to you none of us said why it was a bad idea because you said:

I don't want to talk here if this is ok or not ok to do it
What Crown said is right especially no. 3 which is really hard for new tubers to learn. To make a really good 5-10 minute video some people might spend days writing script, collecting and sorting though their raw video and still image footage they have shot, setting up studio/location to film, making voiceover/sound, and then maybe days of editing to make something polished that will engage the viewer and keep them watching. Even the most talented people would make a pretty cra**y upload if they had to do it in 1 day. It likely wouldn't be worth watching.[DOUBLEPOST=1544375597,1544305375][/DOUBLEPOST]lol @Crown ..this time of year your allowed to actually wear your Christmas hat in your avatar- even though you wear it all year round anyway!

Reactions: Crown

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Even the most talented people would make a pretty cra**y upload if they had to do it in 1 day. It likely wouldn't be worth watching.
+1

Story time:

A few years ago, I became interested in improving my diet and lifestyle. I found a channel that had a few interesting videos about the benefits of green smoothies and how to make them. My impression was that he was a health expert and so I subbed to him.

Every day for the next few days, I got a notification that he had uploaded a new video. I watched the first 1 or 2 and then after about the 3rd or 4th day, I thought "Hang on - if this guy is uploading a new video every single day, he can't be putting much effort into each one and how does he find enough stuff to talk about every day anyway?" So I went to his video page and sorted his videos by upload time and looked at the titles and realised he was just recycling the same ideas over and over and making videos with varying amount of fluff.

I could no longer take him seriously and came to the conclusion he was just a charlatan. Also, I was sick of seeing his vids in my feed every day. I unsubbed and stopped watching his content.

If he had made 1-2 videos per week with original content and more effort, I would have remained subbed to him.

____

Conclusion: As video creators, we spend a lot of time on Youtube but we have to realise that's not the case for everyone. Some people only check out YouTube a couple of times per week. If every time they connect, they see 5 new videos from one channel, they're going to feel overwhelmed and there's no way they'd have the time to watch them all. They're even unlikely to watch any of them. They'll watch the videos from the channel that makes the best quality videos and I doubt that'll be a channel that uploads every day.

Darren Taylor

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have challenged myself to go daily for 2 weeks only. So far views are up 40% or so but the rate of subs I get is down :D go figure

I only care about views for now, as for me a view is an opportunity and it's hard to build a community in my niche as my any given video I create will only apply to a specific person at a specific point in their marketing journey. hence I get hardly and suggested views and mostly search!

Anyway, I am 6 days in and I shot 10 videos and created 10 thumbnails yesterday (editing is another question!) but I'll edit after work this week. It's only possible if you shoot and produce in bulk! I am geting faster and better on camera so when I was only a few months in like you are, then I would definitely not go daily! I have been on YouTube for 16 months now (active) and I feel I have the skills to make going daily work (though only for 2 weeks!)

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Several reasons:

1) You'll be flooding your subs's feeds with your videos. They'll quickly get sick of it and unsub.
2) When a channel is small, often the most traffic comes from people manually landing on your channel page and then watching your latest video. If your latest video is only there for one day, each video is only going to get one day's worth of traffic. That won't be enough views per video for Youtube's algorithm to accurately "decide" if it's a good video. (not a significant amount of "view time" data) so your videos won't tend to do very well in search or in suggested videos. Compare that with weekly videos - Each video gets 7x more of those views.
3) Quality vs quantity. - Better to make 1 amazing video than 7 rushed videos.
4) Burnout - You'll be sick of making videos after about 10 days and it'll start to show.

just before I hit 1000 subs I had a number of video's already recorded in back log and I thought pushing quite a few video's out in a shorter period of time would help push me over my goal faster, it kind of back fired and the video's got less initial traction than if I would have just posted them out weekly as normal. and now I have no video's ready to go so im having to film as I post again. so from that little mini test I would have to agree with your post.

I think to push 100 video's out in 100 days quality would really suffer unless you have a lot of them pre recorded and ready to go before you even start.

Reactions: Crown

abbynia

Reaction score
Hi.
As a person who worked for a national Tv and have had some experience in the field of production, I'd say editing everyday is not an issue if your job is editing but then, the mistakes are high and you'd have to edit and export and go back and watch it and realize there were mistakes you just didn't see while editing and exporting and go back to edit again ... and this chain is never ending. I worked with people whom were labeled as editors and they would work for like 18 hours a day but only for like 2 weeks straight and even then they had to take a long break. And don't forget this is all just about editing, shooting them is another story.
Long story short, even for the most skilled ones, creating quality stuff in that short time that you are talking about is hard and tiring and only possible with a strong team and for a short period of time.
From what I hear, these days Youtube is all about quality rather than quantity.

Reactions: Fost

VidaDeJeremiah

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Book countdown! Best books of 2018 One Short Video for each book. Book Series Video Review and One Video for Each Book in the Series

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fost

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Other
Hello everyone, I read a great book about how to be successful on youtube and one of the main ideas there was that you need to upload 100 videos for 100 days. Not a lot of people did it and I want to do it. I don't want to talk here if this is ok or not ok to do it and what will happen if I do it ect. I want to do it and I will do it but I will need some help, since I'm channel about book summaries and right now I'm uploading only 1 video per week.

What suggestions you can give me? To create shorter videos, or to create some different videos. I have started creating a plan for this but I would like to hear some opinions about it.
Day 71

Sent from my Z899VL using Tapatalk

Jjisawesome25698

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I read a great book about how to be successful on youtube and one of the main ideas there was that you need to upload 100 videos for 100 days. Not a lot of people did it and I want to do it. I don't want to talk here if this is ok or not ok to do it and what will happen if I do it ect. I want to do it and I will do it but I will need some help, since I'm channel about book summaries and right now I'm uploading only 1 video per week.

What suggestions you can give me? To create shorter videos, or to create some different videos. I have started creating a plan for this but I would like to hear some opinions about it.
What was the book you read? It sounds great! Thanks
J[DOUBLEPOST=1547373024,1547372982][/DOUBLEPOST]

What was the book you read? It sounds great! Thanks
J