100 videos for 100 days challenge - I need some help

justread

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hello everyone, I read a great book about how to be successful on youtube and one of the main ideas there was that you need to upload 100 videos for 100 days. Not a lot of people did it and I want to do it. I don't want to talk here if this is ok or not ok to do it and what will happen if I do it ect. I want to do it and I will do it but I will need some help, since I'm channel about book summaries and right now I'm uploading only 1 video per week.

What suggestions you can give me? To create shorter videos, or to create some different videos. I have started creating a plan for this but I would like to hear some opinions about it.

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
just make 1 video.. chop it into 100 segments and upload a few seconds each day. that could make a series playlist too. offers no more or less content quality than your idea but this will save you some time.

Freyal

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
just make 1 video.. chop it into 100 segments and upload a few seconds each day. that could make a series playlist too. offers no more or less content quality than your idea but this will save you some time.
I agree here for the most part. Maybe not just a few seconds, or you can split up however many books into however many segments. I do agree that a book summary a day may end up being ALOT.

Reactions: justread

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
You should probably delay starting the challenge and then make the first 50 or so before you start. Then you "only" have to make 50 videos in 100 days.

Off topic (because apparently you have already decided to do this) - But FWIW, I think it's very bad advice to do 100 videos in 100 days. But hey good luck. :)

Dave Pollack

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I'm in the middle of 25 videos of me playing Christmas songs in 25 straight days- it's not easy (especially because like you I'm usually uploading 1 video per week) but it is a good challenge!

I would recommend planning wayyy in advance and doing most of them ahead of time, scheduling them to upload at the same time each day.

justread

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
To be honest I don't think this will be good idea if I'm the one who is watching the video I will want to watch it until the end I don't want to watch one video 10 days, 30 days or 100 days.[DOUBLEPOST=1544225125,1544224991][/DOUBLEPOST]
I agree here for the most part. Maybe not just a few seconds, or you can split up however many books into however many segments. I do agree that a book summary a day may end up being ALOT.
My idea is similar on this but I will not split a video I will just create smaller videos this is all.[DOUBLEPOST=1544225233][/DOUBLEPOST]
You should probably delay starting the challenge and then make the first 50 or so before you start. Then you "only" have to make 50 videos in 100 days.

Off topic (because apparently you have already decided to do this) - But FWIW, I think it's very bad advice to do 100 videos in 100 days. But hey good luck. :)
Yes I will do this I will have 20-30 videos which will give me like 1 month behind. I'm writing my plan on my board and we will see what will happen I will post an updates here when there are any. Why you think it is bad idea? I would like to hear you opinion?[DOUBLEPOST=1544225300][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm in the middle of 25 videos of me playing Christmas songs in 25 straight days- it's not easy (especially because like you I'm usually uploading 1 video per week) but it is a good challenge!

I would recommend planning wayyy in advance and doing most of them ahead of time, scheduling them to upload at the same time each day.
Yes I will do all of these things I know that it is not easy but I know that I have the discipline to do it.

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
To be honest I don't think this will be good idea if I'm the one who is watching the video I will want to watch it until the end I don't want to watch one video 10 days, 30 days or 100 days.
Yeah i know its a bad idea :giggle: I was just trying to think outside the box to salvage something from the terrible idea you started with since you seem set on doing it. Content 'quality' is king!. Don't be taken in by what you read in a book. The most popular book ever produced was written by dinosaur deniers with an agenda.