£25 for shoutout??!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IftiBashir

Undiscovered....
I contacted another YouTuber, who creates review videos similar to mine to see what it would take to get a shoutout, considering our channels are of a similar background.
Over 30million+ views and 55k subscribers.

He says he asks for £25, and it would be a shoutout at the start of a video along the lines of 'this video is sponsored by ........ '

Seems a bit much for a shoutout!
What do you think?

Depending on how many views he gets for an average video, it's actually a very good price if you get a link in the description and an annotation to your channel. You would probably see better results from the plug than if you spent it with Adsense-though you would easily do better if you did a cross channel collaboration that doesn't cost anything.

In my mind a shoutout should only be given if the person giving the shoutout really believes that someone deserves a shoutout ;) I would probably never pay for one, but that's just me :p

To be honest I wouldn't have minded the odd few quid, but £25??? WTF?!
I don't know. I mean, I just don't like the idea of having to pay for a shoutout. It just makes the person look like they think they are better than everyone else just because they have more subscribers, and for that reason they can charge for that. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back