£25 for shoutout??!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richnode

How many walruses have you stroked today?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer, Reviewer
I don't know. I mean, I just don't like the idea of having to pay for a shoutout. It just makes the person look like they think they are better than everyone else just because they have more subscribers, and for that reason they can charge for that. :confused:
Well they are better.... better at having more subscribers ;P

Reactions: Carl Hinton

KGATV

YASSS
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer
Well they are better.... better at having more subscribers ;P
Still doesn't make them a "better" person though. If they think they are better for that reason, means they are stuck up. Just my opinion.

ghostlyrich

Vagaterian
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
hmmm i think it depends... could be well worth the 25$ if it brings in 25$ worth of monetised views but in the end i wouldnt pay him to do it just comment on his videos regularly and his fans will make there way over to your channel if they are eye catching and legit! dont spam your channel link just answer peoples questions in the comments and be a active youtuber

GafferGames

YTTalk's Local Sloth
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator
I contacted another YouTuber, who creates review videos similar to mine to see what it would take to get a shoutout, considering our channels are of a similar background.
Over 30million+ views and 55k subscribers.

He says he asks for £25, and it would be a shoutout at the start of a video along the lines of 'this video is sponsored by ........ '

Seems a bit much for a shoutout!
What do you think?
No, I'm with KGA on this, no matter how big they are, don't pay for a shoutout, there's a big chance people won't come view your channel, its not worth risking.

KGATV

YASSS
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer
All I can think about is this hahahaha.​
Please tell me i'm not the only one? :c​

IftiBashir

Undiscovered....
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
hmmm i think it depends... could be well worth the 25$ if it brings in 25$ worth of monetised views but in the end i wouldnt pay him to do it just comment on his videos regularly and his fans will make there way over to your channel if they are eye catching and legit! dont spam your channel link just answer peoples questions in the comments and be a active youtuber

It was £25, I think that comes to around $45.....

Andrea

Hero
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It's an investment,i would have done that just if i was 100% sure that what i offer in my channel will grant me more subs.

ghostlyrich

Vagaterian
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
It was £25, I think that comes to around $45.....
rue but you might get more views since it deals with your content instead of a 5-10k$ gorilla campaign because it deals with your area of youtube!

MattZ

YouTube Networks Addict!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It honestly depends a lot on your financial situation, I agree it may seem like the guy is a bit "stuck up" or whatever but if people genuinely pay him that for a shout out then I can see why he does it, good little extra $ earner. The question you should ask yourself is would that £25 do more for you in other ways? E.G would spending £25 on adwords advertising get you more exposure?

Reactions: IftiBashir
Status
Not open for further replies.