YTtalk organisation changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBossman

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Ranter, Gamer, Reviewer
Good luck with what seems like a mammoth job. I think they chose the right person and more importantly it is good to see something finally being done.

Reactions: Crown

Chance C

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Guru, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Other
Word up Crown, I feel bad for all those harsh words now, nonetheless, you will do a smashing job.

Congrats on your roll. I will have a baguette pls.

:wub:

Reactions: JeriKane and Crown

Pedals & Stuff

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Nice thread, really helpful, thanks, i like your work.
youtube is hard, i've done it for 2 weeks now.
how do i grow.
when do i make money.
youtube is unfair to small channelz, collab?
check out my channel, subscribe?
plz?

Loki Doki

Gaming Nerd and SEO Guru
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
that is great to hear crown, as you are probably aware. i created a thread asking for more moderators a couple of weeks ago as i noticed the workload was way too much for Selim to keep up with. i am reporting as many threads when i see them, also as a stop gap measure i talked to selim about reporting threads that needed moving to help selim find them quicker. great to see you guys being so proactive

BillyVlogsTV

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello everyone

As I'm sure many of you have noticed, there has been an influx of spammy, poor quality threads and posts here on the forums recently. This has been due to the fact that a few mods have recently stepped down and the owner has been too busy.

Over the past few days, the owner and I have been discussing this and how it can be improved and we have agreed the following changes: Due to the owner having limited time to dedicate to YTtalk, he is delegating the day to day running of YTtalk to me so that he can concentrate on simply being the owner.

This means that as of now, my main tasks will be:

- The day-to-day forum administration and moderation
- Recruitment, training and management of the staff
- All tasks related to the smooth running of the site and community

Very briefly a bit of info about me for those of you who are new to the forums: I've been a member here for 3 years. I was a staff member (assistant and then moderator) between 2013 - 2015, working very closely with the previous owner so I have plenty of experience of being a staff member here at YTtalk.

The advantage of this change is that it will bring some much-needed order back to the site. I have a very proactive and hands-on approach to moderation and I am confident that we'll be seeing a big improvement in the state of the forums with this new organisation.

My immediate priority is "cleanup".

Tonight, I have a few administrative tasks to take care of and then as of tomorrow morning, the big clean up will commence. Expect to see very little tolerance for spam, self-promotion and posts adding no value to the forums.

I'll be creating separate threads over the next few days to remind people of the rules here. In the meantime, don't hesitate to report posts that break the rules using the red report bottom at the bottom of any offending posts.

Bugs, problems, questions etc can be posted in the site support forum ( http://yttalk.com/forums/site-support-and-suggestions.5/ )

It is both the owner's goal and my goal to quickly get YTtalk back to where it was - the best place on the interweb to have real discussion (without spam) about all things YouTube. Thanks for your patience during the recent spamtastic period. I can assure you that the worst is behind us. :D

Finally, I just want to give a shoutout to some of the previous staff members ( @Kath, @Shendijiro, @Riddikore, @JeriKane ) Cheers guys. You did a great job in very difficult circumstances. ;)

Also @Selim Keles has been doing the impossible job of keeping the place ticking as best he can with very limited resources so thanks to him too and don't worry, help is now at hand. ^^
Awesome! I think you are definitely 100% the right man for the job to keep this wonderful forum a way less spammy place and keep control of things on here going forward in the future!! :)

I remember you use to be a mod on here a while back but I still don't know why you quit as a mod in the 1st place, You should of not quit in the 1st place.

And just thought I tell you that you are doing a awesome job on here soo far as a mod and admin and I really hope you will be our admin/mod in years to come on here but anyway Keep up the good job@Crownman haha! :D :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Crown
Status
Not open for further replies.