YT warning: "Post videos as Private or Unlisted to maximize revenue." What?

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
For me "Hitting the ground running" means nothing. My videos don't start building traffic for months. My top videos right now were all released over a year ago. I don't know how other tubers get all these views in the first 24-hours, and then they get nothing. What are they posting, the latest news videos, or something?
That's a completely different issue. That is related to traffic and views. When Youtube advises "list video as Private or Unlisted to ensure Ad Suitability to maximize revenue.", it is because their MONETIZATION algorithms need a bit of time to crawl new videos, read the metadata etc so that YouTube can place ads on new videos. If someone doesn't follow that advice, ie they upload a video and then immediately make it public, there is a chance it won't have relevant ads for the first few days.

When I said "hitting the ground running", I was referring to giving YT enough time to place relevant ads on my new vids.

As to how to get lots of views for new vids:

-Use the "latest video" endscreen on all your uploads.
- Use the community tab to build hype for next video by pre-selling it and giving the exact day and time when it will be released. Post video on community tab when it goes live (use scheduled posts to automate it)
-Build up a big following on social media and also use it to hype up your next video and also say when it will be released. Post the video when it goes live (again use automated tweets, facebook posts etc)

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
As to how to get lots of views for new vids:

-Use the "latest video" endscreen on all your uploads.
- Use the community tab to build hype for next video by pre-selling it and giving the exact day and time when it will be released. Post video on community tab when it goes live (use scheduled posts to automate it)
-Build up a big following on social media and also use it to hype up your next video and also say when it will be released. Post the video when it goes live (again use automated tweets, facebook posts etc)
Yeah. None of that works for me. My videos are not hollow entertainment video for amusement. They are topic-driven, instructive, educational videos. Unless you have an interest in the particular topic of that video, there is no reason to watch it. For example. My new video that came out today is about how to assemble an office chair. Yeah, that is a video that will get people all excited to watch the day it comes out. NOT! :laugh2: But the one just like it that I put out last year about a different chair is now in my top ten most viewed this month.

I guess that is where my disconnect comes in. It seems like every piece of advice I see about how to youtube is geared towards people that produce hollow entertainment videos, like gaming, animated, and that sort of stuff. I just really can't find advice for people like me that produce bread and butter practical videos.