YouTube's Future

David Reilly

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
I am starting to really worry about the long-term future for YouTube. The way they handle copyright issues and the appeals process is very troubling. Let's also add the Fine Brothers incident. This has created a lot of drama on YouTube and I worry if the audience will begin to cut back on their daily YouTube viewing.

Does anyone else worry about this?

JohnKenShow

The YTTalk Godfather
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Guru, Reporter, Vlogger, Ranter, Comedian
Not worried. YouTube will be around for years to come.. What YouTube has going for it is that, it is free. Now if they change that where there is no free content and you have to pay to upload or for space, then things will change.

Reactions: darkstarmedia

coliwob

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hopefully they will fix these issues - I mean people are speaking out about it so if enough people complain something will probably be done. Youtube is pretty robust, they are just not invincible. So we ought to worry - and let that worry push us to protect the service.

TheBossman

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Ranter, Gamer, Reviewer
I think that yes they should be worried. Other sites are starting to grow and have much better rules. The same issue is happening with Twitch at the moment. Although all sites are gaining and Youtube and Twitch aren't going anywhere, I think their market share will take a huge hit.

Reactions: David Reilly

David Reilly

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Drama causing people to cut down on youtube viewing?...I don't think you know people very well :p
Youtube thrives on drama!
Yes you are right. I know drama brings in the views. Over a million subs for the Drama Alert channel, but after a while that may become stale. I'm not too sure where things are going.

Uncivilized Elk

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Real talk: the vast majority of people who use YT probably don't even know or care about most of the things you included in the opening post.

darkstarmedia

Words are great.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Realistically, I do think it's going to take a heck of a lot to bring YouTube down completely. However, I'm completely in agreement with you regarding the problems that have arisen as a result of recent events and decisions.

Something definitely needs to be done about the Fair Use crisis, because it's just getting out of hand now. It feels like the entire programme is monitored by the Internet's top trolls.

I think this will have a major impact on serious creators and the number of people who make their living on the site - as in, it honestly would not surprise me to see a lot of the big names take their work elsewhere if things continue the way they are.

But when it comes to the audience who are only on the site for free videos, that won't be a problem for them. At the end of the day, no matter how many people stop posting or just up and leave altogether, there will always be something to watch.

Reactions: David Reilly

David Reilly

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Real talk: the vast majority of people who use YT probably don't even know or care about most of the things you included in the opening post.
You could be right, but a lot of YouTube viewers have been complaining not just content creators.