YouTube - What Music To Use..

Rathi

Can I use Soundcloud music with permission on a YouTube video and use the video to earn money with googleads? Or does it has to be royalty free music??

I'm a bit confused in what music I can use for googleads purposes and what not.. I'm also really interested to hear where you get your music from? I'm primarily interested in soundtracks which I can use in travel videos and so on..

Looking forward to your answers :)

I got my music from Soundcloud with permission, and I overlayed a royalty free 'nature sound' soundtrack over the top to make it more... personal? I'm not sure, I just like the effect it has LOL

I got my music from Soundcloud with permission, and I overlayed a royalty free 'nature sound' soundtrack over the top to make it more... personal? I'm not sure, I just like the effect it has LOL

Nice! So what do you write in the description, just artist and song? and do you need to show more if you're going to connect it to your google adsense account to earn money on ads?

Nice! So what do you write in the description, just artist and song? and do you need to show more if you're going to connect it to your google adsense account to earn money on ads?
I put under my videos the name of the artist and the song used with links to the original song on SoundCloud
As far as I know, you don't need to add anything else if you're going to connect it do your adsense, When I had mine connected to adsense I never had any issues..
I think you can search on SoundCloud for specifically royalty-free music, if you're worried, you can ask the owner, or there should be a little bit more info in the description of the soundcloud track ect

I put under my videos the name of the artist and the song used with links to the original song on SoundCloud
As far as I know, you don't need to add anything else if you're going to connect it do your adsense, When I had mine connected to adsense I never had any issues..
I think you can search on SoundCloud for specifically royalty-free music, if you're worried, you can ask the owner, or there should be a little bit more info in the description of the soundcloud track ect

Cool, thanks a lot!

I know you can get music for youtube from this website. You can purchase individual songs or take a subscription (which also works for youtube). it's worth looking into because they have a big database

I got a lot of lofi from soundcloud and use whatever attribution the artist says to use. Like this:
Example of correct credit for Youtube/Facebook/Twitter/Vimeo:
Music by https://www.soundcloud(dot)com/ikson

Also, my editing software includes a bunch of royalty free music I can use, no attribution needed. For that I add an attribution, with an affiliate download link ha ha :coolshades:

So if I use a song from soundcloud it won't say

"Copyrighted content was found in your video.

Video cannot be monetized" ???

Because that's what I get from "free" songs on YouTube.

Last edited:
I use the library that YouTube provides and I have never had a problem with it. Decent variety too.

Back