YouTube unfair to smaller channels?

IftiBashir

Undiscovered....
Stemming from another thread, I seem to find that all featured channels etc are always the big players with hundreds of thousands, or millions, of subs already. I never really see any smaller channels featured.
Anyone else notice this? A title unfair!
What does it take to start getting featured?!

I've seen channels with a few hundred subscribers on featured channels. Not very often, but I have seen them.

Stemming from another thread, I seem to find that all featured channels etc are always the big players with hundreds of thousands, or millions, of subs already. I never really see any smaller channels featured.
It`s not meant to be fair... YouTube is trying to replace in TV and so far seems to be succeeding against small cable TV channels.
The big channels, draw in the big advertisers and therefore make the big money.

It`s not meant to be fair... YouTube is trying to replace in TV and so far seems to be succeeding against small cable TV channels.

tumblr_lub9714nWH1r65upio1_500.gif

^ This is YouTube. :p

This^ But still I agree, that smaller channels who have just as good ideas as the bigger youtubers deserve to be recognised. :)

Yup, this has been my experience so far. I don't believe I've seen anything close to someone in the hundreds, or 1 or 2k featured. I hope I'm wrong and just haven't noticed them.

I beg to differ though. A friend of mine who has only about 1.4k subs had one of his videos featured. It really depends on how many views your videos bring in but im guessing you would have to reach a video view quota of some kind. Don't quote me on this though, it's just a guess but yes smaller youtuber with a video that has a significant view count do get featured. In his case, one of his videos had about 6.7k views.

I've gained 15 subscribers through being in someones recommended channels (in the sidebar), so it shows they do occasionally do it, but I do agree there's a bit too much focus on the same 10 channels. Even people with 100k subs these days just don't seem to be getting due attention, let alone people with even less.

Back