Youtube subscriber count stuck for over a year

GlobalDayz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I've taken over a 1yr hiatus from creating content due to personal reasons & my subscriber count has been stuck at exactly 157,000 subs ever since. No subs lost, none gained..I know this isn't mathematically passible given the timeframe...so what is happening & what should I do?? Youtube Help on Twitter told me this although it doesn't answer my question.
"We always validate the activities & legitimacy of accounts added on your subs count to make sure that our site metrics are free of spam. They may stop/freeze or change while we verify them. Learn more about this topic here: https://yt.be/help/Hzom. Hope this helps clarify."

Obviously that doesn't clarify how this can happen for such an extended period of time...any suggestions? I'm looking to resume uploads at some point in attempts to get my channel remonetized but this frozen sub count has me kinda concerned

Sorry in advanced if I posted in the wrong forum. Please modify if so thanks.

Reactions: MellishGaming

MellishGaming

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey there. That is definitely weird but I'd say go ahead and start uploading again. Maybe you aren't gaining any right now but it couldn't hurt to upload and see if people start subscribing. I suggest uploading maybe three videos and if they don't help gain subscribers, maybe try contacting YouTube again with the problem in detail. Best of luck to you! :)

GlobalDayz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hey there. That is definitely weird but I'd say go ahead and start uploading again. Maybe you aren't gaining any right now but it couldn't hurt to upload and see if people start subscribing. I suggest uploading maybe three videos and if they don't help gain subscribers, maybe try contacting YouTube again with the problem in detail. Best of luck to you! :)
Thanks for the suggestions...The problem ended up being I was using my subscriber statistics from the SocialBlade website & they round to the nearest thousand...once I check my analytics in Youtube though it was clear I've lost several hundred in the past yr lol.. glad i've lost subs rather than it being stuck lol. Thanks again & good luck to u too.