Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
On July 9th private messaging through creators studio will be no longer available on YouTube and all private messages will be deleted because not a lot of people use that tool. There will still be other ways to send messages. You can still send messages through your business email and you can still Send private messages by going to the persons channel you want to contact.

I personally never used the private messaging tool in creator studio, some people sent me messages but I never knew they messaged me because I never got a notification or checked my messages In the creators studio.

What’s your opinion will you miss private messaging?

I've just received this email from YouTube support:

ZB0TogA.png

More info about this here: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/57955

I think this is great. I hated the PM system and how people could just send me crap and I couldn't ever delete them! Thoughts?

I find it odd to get rid of the feature already. I mean it may be true that not a lot of people use it but I don't really know how many resources it caused YT to pump into it. Was it really that much of a burden to keep it running? A messaging system seems like something that would have been easy to maintain and allow them to control in-house on their own platform. It would have given them a lot more control. I'll admit I never grew big enough to try the feature but I am sure I would have at some point.

YEP, just got this today also:

Hi Steve's World,
Because of minimal usage, we will no longer be supporting private messaging in Creator Studio.
The capability to send and receive private messages will end on July 9, 2018.
All private messages will be deleted on July 9, 2018.
While you won’t be able to send or receive private messages in Creator Studio, you’ll still have these options for communicating with YouTube users.
The YouTube Team

THen the link goes to this:
Send & receive private messages

I find it odd to get rid of the feature already. I mean it may be true that not a lot of people use it but I don't really know how many resources it caused YT to pump into it. Was it really that much of a burden to keep it running? A messaging system seems like something that would have been easy to maintain and allow them to control in-house on their own platform. It would have given them a lot more control. I'll admit I never grew big enough to try the feature but I am sure I would have at some point.
Yeah I really don’t see the point of getting rid of any features, they should be adding on new ones or updating them instead of getting rid of them.[DOUBLEPOST=1528153346,1528153125][/DOUBLEPOST]
YEP, just got this today also:

Hi Steve's World,
Because of minimal usage, we will no longer be supporting private messaging in Creator Studio.
The capability to send and receive private messages will end on July 9, 2018.
All private messages will be deleted on July 9, 2018.
While you won’t be able to send or receive private messages in Creator Studio, you’ll still have these options for communicating with YouTube users.
The YouTube Team

THen the link goes to this:
Send & receive private messages
It doesn’t really effect me because i never really used it, but when people would message me I would have no idea because I didn’t get any notifications or emails to let me know and it’s not like I checked it daily like I do with my emails.

I don't mind it to be honest. I think if they integrate it better next time more people will care if they take it out or not.

The feature has been a mess for years. I never get notifications when somebody messages me or vice versa. They removed the search feature from the messages 2 years ago. I think they are unable to make it work smoothly with so many users and that's a more probable reason why they are removing it.

The feature has been a mess for years. I never get notifications when somebody messages me or vice versa. They removed the search feature from the messages 2 years ago. I think they are unable to make it work smoothly with so many users and that's a more probable reason why they are removing it.
I never got notifications for it either and when I do realize someone has messaged me it too late like one message is over a year old lol

Back