YouTube music copy rights

Amber lynx

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I want to do video lip sync videos but I know YouTube is sensitive about other people's music in your video. How do I get around that. Remember when that one kid did it with 50 cent he used the whole song and it didn't sound distorted. I feel like it be a fun video to make but I don't wanna get in any trouble.

mr.jacks

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Usually you have to talk to the rightful owners to see if you can use there copyrighted music I am not really sure if there is another way around it it's either talk to the rightful owners and hope they allow it or don't take the risk.

Reactions: Amber lynx

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
I've actually found under the create tab of the creator studio a list of songs that you can use. Almost none of them will be monetizabke, but you can still use them, so take a look.

Kush Patel

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Yeah, you just can monetize the video which is your problem. But if you don't want to do that, then it's fair game. But asking the owners is something that you should do.

Amber lynx

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Usually you have to talk to the rightful owners to see if you can use there copyrighted music I am not really sure if there is another way around it it's either talk to the rightful owners and hope they allow it or don't take the risk.
Smh I would really like to do it and I don't know but that kid couldn't have asked every single artists he's done for permission. Sounds a little far fetched