Youtube monetization idea?

Marco Fogli

Reaction score
Hello guys. I was thinking why Youtube cant do this:
Only All monitized video are locked, and if you would like to watch it, you have to pay 0,01€ x 1 video. NOT more, NOT less.
This mean if a video has 20.000 views, the user that own the channel, will earn 200€ (anyway maybe youtube could apply a fee, like the 15% of the total).
This is a stupid idea, but for a user, pay 0,01 for watching a video is really nothing, (think about this, 100 videos = 1€) that will be interesting, and also will contribuite to the owning channel will be good right?
Because what i feel with ad revenue is not really clear how much someone will earn..
Also the superchat donation in livestreams, you can see is more frequent. This mean that youtubers really like direct payment of things, and not have to look at an estimate value.
Let me know if this vould be a good idea

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
User can pay 5$ per month and got no ads in Youtube Red I think plus other goodies...

We tend to think on our profit but Youtube have to make money out of the use of the platform :) :p

100 videos / 1$ in your example is not really little.
Checking out your history if you are a regular viewer in Youtube proves that it is really little browsing
as long as many times close a video within 10-20 seconds or open multiple videos to check etc.

:)

Last edited:

Marco Fogli

Reaction score
User can pay 5$ per month and got no ads in Youtube Red I think plus other goodies...

We tend to thing on our profit but Youtube have to make money out of the use of the platform :) :p

100 videos / 1$ in your example is not really little.
Checking out your history if you are a regular viewer in Youtube proves that it is really little browsing
as long as many times close a video within 10-20 seconds or open multiple videos to check etc.

:)
Could be that i see max 20 video per a day. This mean 600 videos month and 6€ that u spent. Youtube red is also good, but i think that with this, we will reduce, fake views, fake dislikes, fake comments, fake youtube channel so. This could be cool! Anyway its just an idea and i think youtube could earn more from the actual YTred in long run

Reactions: videoeditgr

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the networks / monetization forum. :)

Dewmonic Abyss

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
This wouldn't work. Think about the main demographic of YouTube. There are a lot of kids and teens. Kids and teens aren't going to pay for YouTube.

Mithril

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well, I pay for YouTube Red so isn't that kind of the same thing? It sucks that ad revenue is so unstable, but I don't think YouTube would survive as a purely subscription based service.

Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Virtually no one would ever make a penny that way because the vast majority of YouTube viewers would never pay anything. It's the same with Patreon and MakerSupport, most subscribers will never support you that way, even at $1 a month. They're fine sitting through a 30 second ad, but to open their own wallets? Never.