YouTube gaming tweeted a video of mine today!

Congrats. Have you seen an increase in traffic?
To answer the big question, no. It resulted in near zero traffic. The tweet got about 90 likes but the video got 10 extra views compared to the day before. So while it’s exciting it didn’t move the needle.


For more detail they chose a video about a month old. Of course you can go see it yourself. But the topic was Atari in Japan. It only had 1050 views when I have others hat arenilder with 20-30k. I have no idea who selects the videos or how or why but it’s a mix of things but they are all things that people would know the names of. So no “obscure rare hidden gem” stuff. They tweet out about 5-6x a day and going back a month there is a variety of channels and the smallest one I saw was three weeks ago that has 115 subscribers! So that IS possible as it’s actually happened. I never actually contacted any YouTube accounts on Twitter so I have no idea how they came across the video. Maybe it came on that persons own recommendations?


Anyway I compare it to the time MTV played The Cure in the daytime. Rare and surprising, cool but not changing the world
 
Back
Top