YouTube Edits taking over 24 hours to process!

ToriBiohazard

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi everyone!
So I had to make a small edit in one of my most recent videos. Someone was kind enough to inform me that I had accidentally revealed my phone number on a sheet of paper I had shown. To solve this, I used the YT Editor system to blur the area so my number is no longer legible.
That was yesterday at 3pm. It's been over 24 hours and my edits are still processing. It's stuck showing 26% finished when I go to the video page.
I cannot make this video live until the edits are through. Is it normal for it to take this long? I've considered just re-editing, re-exporting, and re-uploading the video, but there is no option to blur a certain area in iMovie, unless I haven't seen it!
Has anyone else experienced this?

Dino

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I would never recommend the YouTube editor, especially not for something like that. It takes forever even for basic edits, so it's easier to just take it down and repost after you fix the issue.

Try looking up tutorials on how to blur an area using iMovie.

oscarflowers

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
youtube editor is server based, so it'll be far slower.

for the imovie thing, you could just put a cheeky subscribe box over it ;)

Reactions: Dino

ToriBiohazard

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Edits FINALLY went through and I was able to make my video public again!! Took nearly 48 hours to process though. Next time I'll have to be more careful and just try to find ways to fix my mistakes in iMovie because that was ridiculous. Thanks for the suggestions!!

MostShockingEP

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Never had any problems with YT editor. But if you have then there are two options:
1) fix issue in software, render , upload to youtube
2) contact youtube/google support - but this might take from very long to forever :) so number 1 is what I would recommend.