Youtube demonetized channel with over 2 billion minutes watched

Greenred86

Reaction score
Hello,

Youtube just demonetized my channel Greenred Productions with over 2 billion minutes watched. Reason - "Reused content". I never used any copyrighted material, I composed all music myself and there is no video, just picture... and all pictures are made by me or from pixabay (copyright free). Channel is making ~ 150 million minutes per month which is over $13 000 / month. I have no idea what youtube have in mind and how should I fix this. So now I guess I will lose all October earnings as well... I have over 269 000 subscribers who just loves relaxing music and average listening time is 46min... and now I have to find another job...

YTX64

Reaction score
I saw something about this last week but couldnt find the actual article that I saw. "Reused content" is not copyright related. If you upload the same looking video this is what happens. Meaning if you have Music + Pictures and thats all you upload it will be flagged as reused content. I wish I could find the article.

cbpayne

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Yep; if you play music or have a voice over images, then there is a pretty good chance that you are not going to be monetized.

WolfWraith

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
This is nothing to do with copyright, but more to do with duplicate content. ie Channels recycling the same content over and over in several videos. just repackaging it. Youtube considers it to be spam.

More info
Wait so how does this duplication thing work? I'm still very confused by it. Like @cbpayne said it's because of images and voice overs? Is it if you use the same image in multiple videos? I'd have thought that the music/audio being different in each video, at the very least wouldn't be considered recycling, especially since I know a lot of music channels & producers will tend to have the same image in the background for the same album or soundtrack cover.

cbpayne

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Wait so how does this duplication thing work? I'm still very confused by it. Like @cbpayne said it's because of images and voice overs? Is it if you use the same image in multiple videos? I'd have thought that the music/audio being different in each video, at the very least wouldn't be considered recycling, especially since I know a lot of music channels & producers will tend to have the same image in the background for the same album or soundtrack cover.
yep; "duplication" means what YouTube thinks it means not what you and I might look up in a dictionary to see what that word means.

Boki

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
You have quite a number of videos, with relatively regular and dense upload schedule, and all of them last at least two hours, a good deal of them even last 8 hours.
So yeah, I can see why you would be struck for reuse. :)

The BBQ Chef

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It's is very much a case of "not suitable for advertisers"
If you have a 2 hour video with a static picture then people are not watching that video, they are listening to it.
What would be the point of an advertiser paying to put an advert on that video? No one would see it.

YTX64

Reaction score
Just checked out the channel. Man. If I'd known this kind of this was generating that kind of money I would have done it long ago and be very rich by now :)

Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You have to remember that you are not YouTube's customer, the advertisers are. They don't care about you, except as a vehicle to make money from advertisers. Your videos are not conducive to advertisers, people are not watching the content, thus they are not watching ads, thus you are not going to make money off of YouTube because YouTube can't make money off of your videos.