YouTube Community Tab

UnboxingSve

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
From time to time I get notification from some channels they send an update on their videos in form of a comment. For example, you do a review on some product and you say it is the best product, it rocks, bla bla, and after few weeks you find out that product actually is a piece of garbage (not durable for example). So, you want to inform your community in kind of notification about that video.
I was researching about this and found out that while all regular channels have DisscussionTab on their channel, some more famous youtube channels have this option Community Tab so they can send these updates mentioned above.
I asked on youtube Reddit about that and they say it is not only for the famous channels, it is just in beta version so not everybody still has that option. I am looking forward for this option. What do you people think about it, is it bad or good to have that kind of option where you can easily communicate to all your subscribers?

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have the Community tab options and I have posted my opinion about it at threads/youtubes-new-community-posts.267481/
You can read other people's opinion on it there as well.
I find it really great to thumb old videos that I think don't get enough attention and it really works. When I post a video in the community tab it gets hundreds, even sometimes thousands of views. So, it works.
It's still in beta feature and only few selected channels have it (I am one of the happy selected channels). When it will be released is still unknown, but the results of the beta are already overwhelming for me. I intend to use it in the future as well.