Your stages of editing?

The Unwanted Letter

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I was wondering if any of you edit all of your media in a particular way or if you tackle all of them just throwing things on the timeline me personally i try to

Edit the video clips first, make sure it flows correctly
then add audio, music, and sound effects
and the add any visual fx
and lastly i color grade

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I was wondering if any of you edit all of your media in a particular way or if you tackle all of them just throwing things on the timeline me personally i try to

Edit the video clips first, make sure it flows correctly
then add audio, music, and sound effects
and the add any visual fx
and lastly i color grade
If it's a longer video, I usually find the best clips from each segment of video and shorten it. Then I find music to go with the theme of the video. Next I try to make the final video the same length as the song so I'm not cutting either one short. This requires extra trimming of parts that aren't deemed worthy.

Next I start to add my enhancements and effects. It helps to have the music first because you can make a visual that fits parts of the song. My only ski video is a perfect example of this.... My buddy has a line "This world can be so black and white!" and the visual right before that line faded into a slow motion black and white clip that slowly transitioned into color, I was proud of that one lol! You just need to find what triggers what in your videos. For me being able to combine the effects with the visual and audio makes a really awesome effect

Julia and Claire

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I put the clips in the order I want, then I color correct, then I add transitions, then I add music, and then I add "popups" with sound effects.

Claire

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
I learned how to edit linearly and so I maintain some of those habits

Audio first then main video followed by cgs and bug last

Mister20seven

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
I pick the music that fits the "mood" that I want the video to have. Then I'm browsing through all the clips and check what my favorites are and which need to be in the video. Then I try to put them in an order ( how I got there / walking around / underwater footage / ...). Afterwards I'm going through it again and make corrections, if necessary ( colour-correcting underwater footage for example).