Writer's Block!

GreyStreetGirl

Blue Haired Chubby Kid
Right now I'm totally stuck with video ideas! I have one script written but I'm just not really feeling it. I want to do a Q&A video about service dogs, but honestly I only have 300 subs so I wouldn't get any questions from anyone.

I want to do cooking videos for disabled people, but I am moving next month so the kitchen is a HOT MESS.

All of my video ideas that I'm excited about just can't happen for one reason or another. -sigh- So, essentially I'm asking you guys for methods on deciding what to film, or deciding what you want to write a script about. I'm not necessarily asking for ideas (although if you have an idea for my channel, I'm interested in what you have to say) but am moreso asking for tactics on how to break through this YouTuber's block! Thanks in advance

I don't write scripts for my videos, but normally when I have writers block, I read books and stories. With that being said, it would probably help to watch videos of people like you! Just an idea. Also, if you do end up doing a Q&A, You can alwayys post on here for questions as well as making a video about it!

I don't write scripts for my videos, but normally when I have writers block, I read books and stories. With that being said, it would probably help to watch videos of people like you! Just an idea. Also, if you do end up doing a Q&A, You can alwayys post on here for questions as well as making a video about it!
I might do that, but it feels almost like cheating to ask for questions on a YouTube forum rather than asking my subscribers. I've done it before, but I felt a little odd about doing it. I've been binge-watching YouTube all day! Hopefully I'll be inspired soon. Thank you very much for your input :)

anytime i have writer's block I just look through my experiences and explain them (and how I overcame them). With fitness I am usually asked questions daily so I do not run out of topics. With self improvement on the other hand there two things. 1) do not make content daily. A better rule of thumb is weekly or twice a week. 2) search through your life experiences and make content over something valuable (in any way) to your audience.

I truly hope this helps. Take care, have an amazing day, and God bless.

I don't know much in general about service dogs, but if there's any common questions that are difficult to find you could do that without asking for questions, but like Lizzee said, watching videos and doing other things works wonders for inspiration!

anytime i have writer's block I just look through my experiences and explain them (and how I overcame them). With fitness I am usually asked questions daily so I do not run out of topics. With self improvement on the other hand there two things. 1) do not make content daily. A better rule of thumb is weekly or twice a week. 2) search through your life experiences and make content over something valuable (in any way) to your audience.

I truly hope this helps. Take care, have an amazing day, and God bless.
Hi there! Thanks so much for your input. I am definitely not a daily content maker. I am trying to get back into weekly videos. However, due to my health conditions I like to film a few at a time. I can only really record when my body allows me to. I can tell that I am about to become borderline immobile again so I am panicking... I need to get videos written and recorded NOW before I'm wiped out for a few weeks. Sadly, I don't have any inspiration... I have many stories that I could tell, but none that get me very excited.[DOUBLEPOST=1474164781,1474164713][/DOUBLEPOST]
I don't know much in general about service dogs, but if there's any common questions that are difficult to find you could do that without asking for questions, but like Lizzee said, watching videos and doing other things works wonders for inspiration!
Oh, you mean like a video containing answers for questions about my service dog that I get a lot? That's actually a really good idea... Thanks! I think I might do that. You're a lifesaver.

I've had certain topics where I couldn't find certain answers to anything, except through youtube videos, and service dogs are pretty important so I figured that that would probably be a pretty good video idea :)

I've had certain topics where I couldn't find certain answers to anything, except through youtube videos, and service dogs are pretty important so I figured that that would probably be a pretty good video idea :)
It is! I don't know why I had not thought of that before. I'm also doing a service dog gear review once a new leash comes in, but that ALSO requires waiting. *grumbles*

Writer's block is truly the worst thing. Comes to me right before I film a vid or a vlog. Sometimes I have to take a step back and breathe. Sometimes the ideas come from the weirdest inspirations. I live in the middle of the woods so I usually take a hoke or something :) I would say if you have an urge or itch to try something new on your channel. Try it! Writer's block truly sucks sometimes.

Back