With, or Without Music?

Meghan Alex

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've gotten comments saying they hate the music I post with my videos in the background, and some love it. I was just wondering everyone else's opinion.

I make comedy vlogs and someone said my nightcore music is irrelevant and I should use relevant music, but what kind of music am I supposed to use what???

Going Evil

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think you should keep the music. By relevant they mean like rap or pop or something that most of society listens to. I have to deal with this problem too because I am a huge metalhead and if I use metal then people will complain about it. So keep the music in your videos :D.

Your welcome Meghan Alex :D.

Reactions: Cly_Faker

Pedals & Stuff

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've gotten comments saying they hate the music I post with my videos in the background, and some love it. I was just wondering everyone else's opinion.

I make comedy vlogs and someone said my nightcore music is irrelevant and I should use relevant music, but what kind of music am I supposed to use what???
You should be using the music you like,doing videos you like, about the things you like.
The more you try to please everyone, the more average your videos will get.

Reactions: Going Evil

Hiroto

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I mean music does make things more interesting you know! But idk if the music is like overly weird it might stand out and be distracting.

Cly_Faker

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I've been thinking that I should start adding a backing track to my haul videos, and I can definitely see what people are saying when they say to keep the music relevant. I don't think they mean use more popular/mainstream music, but more that the music should fit the tone of the video. I'm on the same page as GoIng Evil in that I'm a huge metal head, but melodic death metal would not be very fitting as a backing track when I'm talking about my latest thrift store finds.

Also, it would be a good idea to check for music in the YouTube audio library since those tracks can be used without having to worry about copyright claims. Just be sure you check the track's attribution conditions.

HyDraid

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian

You can just use some background music but not to loud, people still have to hear your voice clearly.

Meghan Alex

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've been thinking that I should start adding a backing track to my haul videos, and I can definitely see what people are saying when they say to keep the music relevant. I don't think they mean use more popular/mainstream music, but more that the music should fit the tone of the video. I'm on the same page as GoIng Evil in that I'm a huge metal head, but melodic death metal would not be very fitting as a backing track when I'm talking about my latest thrift store finds.

Also, it would be a good idea to check for music in the YouTube audio library since those tracks can be used without having to worry about copyright claims. Just be sure you check the track's attribution conditions.
But that brings up the question. WHAT TYPE OF MUSIC IS APPROPRIATE AND HOW DO YOU KNOW?[DOUBLEPOST=1468092336,1468092239][/DOUBLEPOST]
You can just use some background music but not to loud, people still have to hear your voice clearly.
When I added music, it was background music, yes. But should their be music? What type of music? I'm struggling here.

Cly_Faker

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
But that brings up the question. WHAT TYPE OF MUSIC IS APPROPRIATE AND HOW DO YOU KNOW?
I'm not an expert on sound design, but you can take a lot of hints from visual media. There's almost always a sound cue to get you to feel what the creator wants. Also, beware using "popular" music since that can get you a copyright claim.

The YouTube Audio Library would be your best bet for music that you can safely use in your video, and fortunately they also categorize the music by mood. Since you do comedy vlogs, something lighthearted and goofy would be fitting.