Will creating a channel now hurt me if I'm uploading videos later?

decalservice

Hello there folks! New member here, I've recently downsized, sold all my vehicles (retired hobby) and planning on creating youtube videos for fun, and I won't complain if it becomes for profit.

Looking forward to meeting and conversing with everyone here!

My question is: I'm about to hire someone to make art and set up my youtube page. I won't have a video to upload for at least another 2 weeks - should I call off the designer for now? I kind of feel bad to postpone the deal, I suppose I could let them keep the money til the time is right, but that's a whole other can of worms sometimes.

Could I trouble anyone for some experience on this?

Cheers!

I'd set up the page, and wait to make it public until you're ready to release videos. I'd recommend having at least a dozen videos edited and ready to go. Then you won't have to rush to get videos ready. I schedule videos ahead of time to release on Wednesdays and Saturdays.

It took a while for me to upload my first YouTube video and I don't think that hurt my channel. I think what's more important is consistency rather than getting started uploading right away.

Wow, great community so far! I've joined forums in the past where one feels... unwelcome, let's say. But I don't get that sense here, quite the opposite. Thanks folks! looking forward to conversing and hopefully reciprocating as well.
Good idea about getting several videos ready to go first!

Back