Why your creative content is not being seen.

Nodly

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
MY OFFICIAL STATEMENT ON CONTENT ROBOTS! !!!INSANE!!!

Most content sharing platforms have changed their algorithms to treat content creators like TV shows. This means that in order for them not to die off, they have to make a very specific type of content or else people would stop watching thus taking them off the board.

Due to this it's basically like turning into a cooking show and finding gun violence. That's not what you would want right? Well that;s what it's like for content creators right now. It shouldn't be. They should have full creative freedom and not be threatened to be shut down because of trying new things.

Especially for Twitch and YouTube, if you wanna get somewhere, you can;t just make "Gaming Videos" you have to make videos on a SPECIFIC GAME or you face losing the system. If you make a real life Vlog then a gaming video, you lose the system. Got it?

So in turn this is turning creators into robots. Not only is it affecting their content, it's effecting their advertising to have to manipulate the sytem and people to view their content.

A few years ago you could upload a title saying "Warframe | Finally finished first mission! | Episode 1"

but now, to show up in search feeds you have to title your video as if it was a tag and include an "emotion response and buzz word" to increase views. Example: "Warframe: THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE"

Warframe = Tag for the search engine.

THIS IS = Caps; Establishing anger or excitement.

IMPOSSIBLE = Buzz Word; catches the viewers eye and triggers an emotion response to watch the video.

This is effecting me personally, and a lot of other creators too. We are turning into content creating robots that have to bait the s**t out of you to live.

Don't worry though, if you have like 5 million followers, you can do whatever and it wouldn't really matter as long as your audience likes you.

Last edited by a moderator:

KiahOnFire

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It is quite sad but it is how it is I suppose, I don't see youtube changing it any time soon.
Now us creators have to appeal to the algorithm.

Tag's are also very important into being found these days.

Although I always think with youtube, you have to enjoy the process of creating videos and have a ball with it, otherwise it will be just a drag and the audience will see that.

Times get tougher-

Ephlik Audio

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I had to stop creating the type of videos I enjoyed making because of the title thing. Undiscoverable content due to titles that make perfect sense for the video but aren't searched therefore can only be executed if the person has an established following already. Imagine we see a day where Movies start having clickbait titles and essentially become sentences lol.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I will always make the videos I want to regardless of it and I make them for people to have fun and laugh it is sad that YouTube has a lack of support for smaller channels who make good content
and are rarely ever seen due to YouTube algorithm.

Reactions: Cephus and Nodly

Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I will always make the videos I want to regardless of it and I make them for people to have fun and laugh it is sad that YouTube has a lack of support for smaller channels who make good content
and are rarely ever seen due to YouTube algorithm.
You have to remember that YouTube only cares about YouTube. They don't care about ANY content creators, they care about making money. That's why YouTube exists. Why some people think that YouTube will care about them at all is beyond me. YouTube isn't a charity, it's a business. They are not your friend.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
You have to remember that YouTube only cares about YouTube. They don't care about ANY content creators, they care about making money. That's why YouTube exists. Why some people think that YouTube will care about them at all is beyond me. YouTube isn't a charity, it's a business. They are not your friend.
Here here! They only “care” to the point that you won’t leave. Also YouTube hasn’t ever made a profit! Google owns them more as a block against another company coming in and they don’t care what it cost

Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Here here! They only “care” to the point that you won’t leave. Also YouTube hasn’t ever made a profit! Google owns them more as a block against another company coming in and they don’t care what it cost
I honestly have a feeling that YouTube is being set up to be sold. All of the actions they have taken in the past year or so, trying to make them "respectable" and "advertiser-friendly", I think they're going to wind up being owned by someone else because they are a drain on Google and Alphabet.

Nodly

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Let me quickly say that YouTube does care. Their algorithm treats every video as it's own piece of content. I am merely saying that you have to have certain types of words and responses in your creation process to get put in searches. It doesn't mean they don't care, it means that it's to separate the 7 year olds and the veterans who actually want to go somewhere with their content. It is the matter of constantly learning YouTube because it constantly changes.

You can see that you have a chance to get into the searches as long as you follow their rules. Yes, it may not be the title you want, but I actually took a week and made a test channel. You can get a video up in searches without a bunch of subscribers or already present views. It's playing the system, not it playing you. So instead of us complaining about it, I recommend we use the system to our advantage.

Example: TubeBuddy; an addon i'm sure you all know. Using this addon, if you search in for example: "Left 4 Dead Gameplay" TubeBuddy will either say "Hey man, not many people are naming their videos this but it is still being searched for. Name your video this and it will get found." or it will say something along the lines if "Listen pal, too many big creators have this title. Though it is being searched for a lot, you won't beat the big guys in the searches. Name it something else."

So then search "Left 4 Dead No Mercy Let's Play" and continue this process until you find a suitable title and within a week, you'll get noticed.

Side Note: Taking Tags from the videos that come up first in searches is a good idea. Also, it's better to treat your content as a viewer, not a creator. Search for what you want to name your video, and see if it's a good idea using TubeBuddy. Also, make a BUNCH of videos. The more videos you make, the more likely they are to be seen.

TL;DR
The system kinda sucks, but it sucks for a good reason. You can use TubeBuddy to abuse it.

"Tod, didn't you just yell at YouTube and now you're supporting it." Yes, I was mad and went off of the first information I heard. Then I did some more research and tested things.

-Tod.
Current Channel: Kenkosi