Why you should NEVER do "sub for sub"

I do not completely agree with most of the opinions here.

I think when you are beginning, and having like 30 "fake" sub4sub subscribers, it will be easier for the genuine 31th subsciber to join then subbing a channel with like 1 sub...

When bigger it's quite pointless unless youre a sub collector :)

I think when you are beginning, and having like 30 "fake" sub4sub subscribers, it will be easier for the genuine 31th subsciber to join then subbing a channel with like 1 sub...

I completely agree with you. Even I sometimes feel that I can "trust" channels with more subscribers and tend to watch them first, before I click on those that have less subscribers.

Completely agree with this. I've stated this kind of opinion a year ago and all I got was negative replies. It's all about Psychology.

Very good points. Sub for sub is a lose/lose situation for any Youtubers to do this method for a long term.

What I also don't like about sub4sub is after a few days you will notice ur subscribers r decreasing and it turns out that the ppl u did sub4sub stopped subbing so all in all its a waste of time.

Makes a lot of sense, I've had friends who have bought subs..does nothing but make your channel look 'prettier'

The ironic thing is it ONLY makes your channel frontpage look better, and ONLY if you don't look at the list of videos. If someone sees your channel and goes "wow they have 10,000 subs!" but then clicks on a video and sees 15 views and one comment they're gonna know something is up.

Actually it makes the channel look terrible. Even if they had no idea that sub4sub and bots exist, they'd go "well there's thousands of people subscribing, but they're not watching... his videos must be really boring." It gives the impression of a HORRIBLE channel wherein people subscribe and then never care enough to watch.

On the flip side, if you have 200 subs but every video has 200 views and a string of comments, it gives the image of a super awesome channel because it looks like EVERYONE who finds your channel LOVES it. That no one who's found your channel didn't join the "community".

I agree, what's the point of subscribing to a channel which content is not relevant to you just for the sake of a number?

Back