Why is my video not full screened when rendered?

i have a similar problem with my crysis series. but i dont know if the problem lies at the editor or on the game resolution. i always render my videos in 1080p HD. (even though the resolution isnt always that) so what should i do, try to screw around in the settings of the editor or make the game resolution higher?

You will always run into issues if you try and render a video at a higher resolution than the souce file.
Always make it the same or lower

And well again... if you can look at this

It still is not in full screen, I have made sure 'maintain aspect ratio' is unchecked when rendered it was just like I said full screened and no black bars...
What would you suggest? record in 1280x720 since 1280x800 doesnt want to work or?

I would say go with 1280x720 resolution for everything, it's a good resolution to work in and works perfectly on YouTube.

YouTube always re-encodes uploaded videos and will insert the black bars as necessary to make the video the correct aspect ratio, so that's why your 1280x800 ones get the bars added.

the problem with 1280x720 is that my monitor makes it widescreen and there are two black bars one on top and one on bottom...

the problem with 1280x720 is that my monitor makes it widescreen and there are two black bars one on top and one on bottom...

That's probably because of your monitors resolution - your trying to watch a 1280x720 video on a 1280x800 monitor, either your computer has to stretch the video to fill the screen or you will get black bars.
Try watching it with your display set to 720.
Think of it like trying to set a desktop wallpaper - the image has to be the right size, stretched to fit, or placed in the centre and have black around the areas that wont fill the screen.

Honestly, you've got to think about your viewers before you. The vast majority will have a standard monitor that will display the video properly at 'standard' aspect ratios of 720 or 1080.

Does that make sense?

That's probably because of your monitors resolution - your trying to watch a 1280x720 video on a 1280x800 monitor, either your computer has to stretch the video to fill the screen or you will get black bars.
Try watching it with your display set to 720.
Think of it like trying to set a desktop wallpaper - the image has to be the right size, stretched to fit, or placed in the centre and have black around the areas that wont fill the screen.

Honestly, you've got to think about your viewers before you. The vast majority will have a standard monitor that will display the video properly at 'standard' aspect ratios of 720 or 1080.

Does that make sense?

Well my monitor full resolution is 1920x1080 but I record in that resolution.
It kinda makes sense yes lol

Well my monitor full resolution is 1920x1080 but I record in that resolution.
It kinda makes sense yes lol

Well in that case, record in 720 and render to 720. Its a standard resolution and scales down properly from 1080 - making for easier editing.
If your PC can handle it, record and render in full 1080.

Hah finally, I got it fixed thanks a lot Jack Broady!
As you can see in here little video test

I did not know that there will be a difference to be honest from my PC view and in the video view, what I mean is when I changed my game resolution to 1280x720 i had two bars one on top and one below so I thought that would of be viewable in the youtube as well but it aint! :D as well does the video quality changed lol

Thanks once again Jack now I can get to making less noobish vids xD

Don't worry about it man.
Video editing is not an easy thing to do & get right if you have no 'training' in the software.

Check your project properties and also your render settings make sure they are the same, common mistake (although this might not be yours).

Back