Why a Facebook account, is better than a Facebook page

this is a good idea but wont your friends on your personal account see this? especially if you want to keep it quiet
 
this is a good idea but wont your friends on your personal account see this? especially if you want to keep it quiet

Well the idea here would be to create a new Facebook account using your channel name. You wouldn't be asking people to friend you on your personal account for friends and family, but on a separate one.
 
I hadn't thought about this at all! But its definitely true that facebook pages tend to get much lower engagement. I have way more followers on facebook (almost 10x more, not sure why lol) than I do on Youtube, but still suffer from very low engagement. So I've definitely learned that having more followers doesn't necessarily equal more engagement. I might have to start just adding people as friends. Good advice!
 
Interesting advice. I have a facebook page with about 270 people on it, I wonder if it's too late to start a facebook profile from scratch.
 
Don't mean to bump an old thread but figured I would post here instead of starting a new one....

I have a like page but would rather just have a normal page as talked about on here. As you see my Youtube handle is k13lock... however I can't put this into my title at all per facebook rules. ANyone have a way around this?
 
Speaking as someone who does have a Facebook page with over 750 likes, I'm aware of how ineffective business pages are at sharing content. It's important to note, however, that it wasn't always as awful as it is: I remember a time when you could use the site as if your page was your account, complete with its own timeline/feed, which theoretically could've been a compromise to the solution the OP is proposing.

I still stick by a Facebook page at this time though for convencience reasons; besides, there's nothing wrong with sharing posts you originally made on your page to your account.
 
Back
Top